Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think for me, my thought process behind wanting to run the ball on 3rd down was because I wanted to break the defenses tendency. Colts defenders were wanting to just T off 4 plays in a row.

I think you run it on first and then go spike no matter what.

Third down endzone pass, fourth down run.

I’ll say this, that first down call was open and Njoku makes that catch most of the time.

No chance KS is going home with an L saying “I let PJ decide the outcome of the game.” Imagine the self loathing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s pretty crazy to waive a rb when we just lost ford and hunt is banged up. 

They have to make room for PJ today iirc.  They feel the guy they just signed like 3 days ago is the most replaceable.

Doesnt seem weird to me tbh.  

Dude will likely be available if they want him, this just gives them time to assess things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I am just going to throw this out there if were looking for a QB who is going minimize turnovers Carson Wentz is never the answer

Yeah he’s a turnover machine but he also generally can put some points on the board.

Right now PJ is also great at throwing picks but is not putting points on the board.

25 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

151 TDs/ 66 ints. I’ll take that as a backup. Still better than pj Walker 

The “he’s not a great QB” argument is irrelevant. We don’t have middling, anything middling or better is a step in the right direction. 

Im disappointed DTR isn’t getting the nod tbh.  If he’s not better than PJ I’m not sure why we spent a pick on him or traded Dobbs.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The “he’s not a great QB” argument is irrelevant. We don’t have middling, anything middling or better is a step in the right direction. 

Im disappointed DTR isn’t getting the nod tbh.  If he’s not better than PJ I’m not sure why we spent a pick on him or traded Dobbs.

DTR has to at least be able to run the ball. Which Walker has pretty sure refused to. At least we’d get that from him. 

• Like 1

im not saying  dont explore QB but, I don't want wentz, one he's injured every other game, two imo he's too careless with the football.  If we were to explore QB options

Matt Ryan- Doesnt even come up in discussion, dudes washed and moved onto the booth

Foles- I think would serve the purpose

Brissett- depending on the pick cost, imo would be the best current option, knows the system, him and Coop already have a good connection

I dont think there are really any other options out there, and to be honest if you bring someone other than jacoby in.... they arent gonna be ready to go right away

Edited by Dawgpoun8017