Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Not saying it will happen, but if Jim Schwartz gets offered a HC job, who would you guys look at to try and replace him?

He’s going to be looked at and we can’t expect a **** Lebeau type of situation.

Another proven DC unless they’re REALLY sure someone on staff is gonna carry over the same scheme and style and not skip a beat.

We know what the secret sauce is for this team, it’s man defense and just letting them play.  We don’t need someone to come up wild wild schemes, just someone willing to let these guys do what they do best.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Another proven DC unless they’re REALLY sure someone on staff is gonna carry over the same scheme and style and not skip a beat.

We know what the secret sauce is for this team, it’s man defense and just letting them play.  We don’t need someone to come up wild wild schemes, just someone willing to let these guys do what they do best.

I wouldn’t trust a single soul already on staff. The position coaches are the same from woods staff for the most part. 

we’d be better off finding some fired HC who use to be a good DC. Like Staley or Eberflus

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn’t trust a single soul already on staff. The position coaches are the same from woods staff for the most part. 

I mean, ok, but it’s hard to hold the position coaches accountable for Woods’ terrible decisions.  I think dismissing them based on who they worked for last year alone is fairly dumb.  If the dude is sharp and his personal philosophies match what we do well, it wouldn’t be the worst thing.

we’d be better off finding some fired HC who use to be a good DC.

This would be my preference too.

Like Staley

Lol stop it 

or Eberflus

I could get on board, but isn’t he a 3-4 dude? Could be wrong..