Browns General Discussion

candyman93

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Pff is fine but he clearly isn’t the same since he got hurt. He didn’t even register a tackle the previous game. We need him to get to the qb like he was earlier this year. 

I think he is getting better since the injury, I feel barring him getting re-injured we should expect him to get close to the level he was each game coming down the stretch. 

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think we trade Jed this offseason

Thats why he got the surgery 

We move Dawand to LT and keep Conklin

Jed gets the surgery now instead of potentially prolonging it. Allows him to be an asset sooner. 

Thats my prediction as now. 

I think this became an option as soon as Dewand started playing as well as he did then Christian stepped in and played reasonably well.

He’d cost less than half a million in dead cap and save us 14 million (post June 1).

Can’t see us getting much back though, maybe a late round pick.

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

Thats why he got the surgery 

We move Dawand to LT and keep Conklin

Jed gets the surgery now instead of potentially prolonging it. Allows him to be an asset sooner. 

Thats my prediction as now. 

Jedrick Wills elected to get surgery so that we can trade him away faster?

What a nice guy!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think this became an option as soon as Dewand started playing as well as he did then Christian stepped in and played reasonably well.

He’d cost less than half a million in dead cap and save us 14 million (post June 1).

Can’t see us getting much back though, maybe a late round pick.

I don't think we'd get an offer of even a future 7th for him with his guaranteed contract for 2024. He may play slightly better than some random guy you sign for 3 million, but just slightly.

I'd definitely look though.

Conklin could save us 5.5 million if we traded him after June 1st but then we'd take a 15 million dollar cap hit the following year which is only 4 million less than if we kept him. So saving us 5.5 million and 4 million over the next two years probably isn't more valuable than just keeping him.

Edited by Thomas5737

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Conklin could save us 5.5 million if we traded him after June 1st but then we'd take a 15 million dollar cap hit the following year which is only 4 million less than if we kept him. So saving us 5.5 million and 4 million over the next two years probably isn't more valuable than just keeping him.

Correct.

I love Berry and believe in pretty much every move he's made (sans Deshaun), but this was one of the "bleh" decisions. Conklin is a Brown next year.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think we'd get an offer of even a future 7th for him with his guaranteed contract for 2024. He may play slightly better than some random guy you sign for 3 million, but just slightly.

I'd definitely look though.

yeah it would have to be a team with a lot of holes and is looking for a competent LT.  Wills isn’t great, but better than a lot of stiffs that have started here in the past.  

Bad team, qb probably on a rookie deal with plenty of cap space willing to take a shot on a former top 10 pick.  Some coach will for sure think they can fix him.

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Conklin, Teller and Pocic are all here next year more or less.  2025 is when we could see a number of changes.  At least based on cap numbers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

We probably won't get much, maybe we can trade him for another high upside disappointment that we think we can coach up. 

Guys like Caleb Farley (change of scenery), Payton Turner, Levi Onwuzurike

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bad team, qb probably on a rookie deal with plenty of cap space willing to take a shot on a former top 10 pick.  Some coach will for sure think they can fix him.

At 15 million though? 

I wouldn't hate to see him try RT in the NFL but with him and Conklin almost definitely on the roster next year it doesn't seem possible. Then again, Conklin will probably get hurt so maybe experiment then.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Conklin, Teller and Pocic are all here next year more or less.  2025 is when we could see a number of changes.  At least based on cap numbers.

Yeah, the contracts that could save us a lot of space next year are Chubb and Cooper. 

52 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

At 15 million though? 

17th highest cap number for next year.

Like, it’s a lot but not really. And that’s before whoever gets paid this off-season. 

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/2024

It’s also a one year deal with no dead cap after.  If a team has money and their line is ***, he’s an option.

I wouldn't hate to see him try RT in the NFL but with him and Conklin almost definitely on the roster next year it doesn't seem possible. Then again, Conklin will probably get hurt so maybe experiment then.

His issues don’t seem technique related to me, it’s more the standing and watching he tends to do.

Yeah, the contracts that could save us a lot of space next year are Chubb and Cooper. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they extend Amari to save some cap space. 

Maybe the same for Chubb, but he’d save 12 million.  He turns 29 next season.  He’s coming off of a complete knee rebuild….  Hate to even think it, but I’d get it.