Browns General Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Looks like he was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor and released.  I can’t imagine that being the case if he threatened to kill someone and held a gun to their head, but I’m no lawyer….

@NateDawg does that make sense?

Yeah, with an aggravated menacing it’s a first-degree misdemeanor. So basically pointing a gun at someone and threatening them is not a felony in Ohio. Which is weird to think that possessing a small rock of crack is a felony but this isn’t but such as the legislation. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, with an aggravated menacing it’s a first-degree misdemeanor. So basically pointing a gun at someone and threatening them is not a felony in Ohio. Which is weird to think that possessing a small rock of crack is a felony but this isn’t but such as the legislation. 

That’s… insane….

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I have to agree with LGB. That is an "EPIC FAIL" in the court of common sense.

• Like 1

I remember working third shift one night where we called detectives when a guy was shooting at a girl in her car. All the bullet holes were on the front hood of the car. The detective came out and told us that based on the angle of the bullets, it looked like the suspect was shooting to scare her and not actually shooting at her so to file the misdemeanor aggravated menacing charges. That was a combination of legislative stupidity and a super lazy detective that didn’t want to file a felony. All that to say, aggravated menacing charges involving a firearm at least being a misdemeanor are foolish.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I remember working third shift one night where we called detectives when a guy was shooting at a girl in her car. All the bullet holes were on the front hood of the car. The detective came out and told us that based on the angle of the bullets, it looked like the suspect was shooting to scare her and not actually shooting at her so to file the misdemeanor aggravated menacing charges. That was a combination of legislative stupidity and a super lazy detective that didn’t want to file a felony. All that to say, aggravated menacing charges involving a firearm at least being a misdemeanor are foolish.

I’m not saying attempted murder or whatever in that situation would be warranted if he was just trying to scare her, but a reasonable person would assume there’d be some sort of middle ground between that and a misdemeanor for shooting a gun in someone’s direction to induce terror/compliance.

That’s unfortunate.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Read that the defense was very, very physical with the Vikings during the practice. Just smoked the Vikings offense all day.

Being physical is how you get no-name backups to play very well on defense. We kinda need them to as a trade off.

MJ Emerson went against Justin Jefferson a lot. CBS were fantastic as a whole. Myles Harden did well.

https://x.com/JJCoop25/status/1823792126016282971

Offensive line has been a problem.

Edited by candyman93

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He should be our starter and captain. Watson doesn’t type teammates up like this. 

Honestly with how many issues we have on offense, it seems like we’re just gonna have to win the way the Ravens and Steelers did in the 2000’s.

Just play elite defense / special teams and hope your QB can hit some deep shots.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Honestly with how many issues we have on offense, it seems like we’re just gonna have to win the way the Ravens and Steelers did in the 2000’s.

Just play elite defense / special teams and hope your QB can hit some deep shots.

We just need to play Flacco ball. Winston can do that. Watson can’t. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Let’s not act like most people on here didn’t want Hall or weren’t happy when he was drafted, Hall did it be pissed at him not Berry

Nobody posting in here interviewed the douchebag or did background checks and psych evaluations on him. So yeah...I am pissed that our football ops either totally butchered their assessment of the poor excuse of a human and didn't catch any red flags...or simply didn't care. Berry oversees this **** show. 

Unfathomable that they let him practice today. 

Edited by dawgattack

8 hours ago, dawgattack said:

Nobody posting in here interviewed the douchebag or did background checks and psych evaluations on him. So yeah...I am pissed that our football ops either totally butchered their assessment of the poor excuse of a human and didn't catch any red flags...or simply didn't care. Berry oversees this **** show. 

Unfathomable that they let him practice today. 

Were there any red flags?  I’m not familiar with any issues at OSU or reports of character concerns.  

I’d get the outrage if they overlooked something obvious, like just as a hypothetical 26 sexual assault accusations, but other than that the FO/scouts can’t predict the future…

• Like 3