Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

We have Njoku who is one of the better hybrid TE weapons in the league though. Between our receivers and tight end, our weapons are better than most. I’m not saying I wouldn’t take another guy, but I think we have bigger fish to fry.

Strongly disagree

Once Cooper leaves, we will need at least 2 more WRs. Our fan base is to in love with being a ground and pound team.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Strongly disagree

Once Cooper leaves, we will need at least 2 more WRs. Our fan base is to in love with being a ground and pound team.

I mean, that’s fine and all but our receivers are better than what the defending champs have. Not often do you see championships won because the winner simply had elite receiver play. Smoke and mirrors. It’s not a weakness here. We have bigger weaknesses without question.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Strongly disagree

What we really need is some combo of Jeudy, Tillman, Thrash and Bell to step up and become a viable option.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What we really need is some combo of Jeudy, Tillman, Thrash and Bell to step up and become a viable option.

I’d imagine one or more will do so if Watson is 75% of the guy he’s paid to be

• Like 1

We’re now one of the oldest teams in the nfl.

Youngest-

Packers - 25.2

Buccaneers - 25.6

Rams - 25.7

Eagles - 25.8

Jaguars - 25.9

Chiefs - 25.9

Oldest-

Dolphins - 27.3

Vikings - 27.2

Panthers - 27.2

Commanders - 27.2

Browns - 27.1

Steelers - 27.1

49ers - 27.1

On 8/31/2024 at 8:41 AM, candyman93 said:

We’re now one of the oldest teams in the nfl.

Youngest-

Packers - 25.2

Buccaneers - 25.6

Rams - 25.7

Eagles - 25.8

Jaguars - 25.9

Chiefs - 25.9

Oldest-

Dolphins - 27.3

Vikings - 27.2

Panthers - 27.2

Commanders - 27.2

Browns - 27.1

Steelers - 27.1

49ers - 27.1

No surprises there. When you forfeit 3 first rounders and change, you’ve traded 21 year olds with potential for “proven vets” like Coop, Tomlinson, our current MLB, Thornhill, etc or other guys who didn’t pan out like Moore, Jeudy, etc.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Just thinking about Mike Zimmer and Kevin Stefanski.

I know in Minnesota that Zimmer was huge on defensive front 7 guys “looking like football players.” What he meant by that was being a H/W/S guy. Look at Anthony Barr, Everson Griffin, and Danielle Hunter.

Our defense definitely looks like some of those prime Minnesota defenses.

Edited by candyman93

On 8/31/2024 at 4:54 PM, candyman93 said:

Just thinking about Mike Zimmer and Kevin Stefanski.

I know in Minnesota that Zimmer was huge on defensive front 7 guys “looking like football players.” What he meant by that was being a H/W/S guy. Look at Anthony Barr, Everson Griffin, and Danielle Hunter.

Our defense definitely looks like some of those prime Minnesota defenses.

I don’t think Stefanski has anything to do with the defense anymore. That’s all Schwartz. It might look similar but I don’t think that was intentional by Stefanski. That’s just what Schwartz runs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think Stefanski has anything to do with the defense anymore. That’s all Schwartz. It might look similar but I don’t think that was intentional by Stefanski. That’s just what Schwartz runs. 

You’re probably right.

Zimmer was a big proponent of using strong linebackers (Chad Greenway, Anthony Barr, Ben Gedeon). Almost similar to Hoodie. We don’t have that.

Something that is EXACTLY similar is that Zimmer used high draft picks on CBs (Xavier Rhodes, Tre Waynes, Mackenzie Alexander, Mike Hughes).

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

20 years lmao. What happens if they build a new dome?

My guess is that Huntington gets the new facility name as well. Not sure what the numbers are, but I'm guessing they paid a BIG number for the name.

I’m not worried about the salary cap.

I think people underestimate how much money the NFL is going to generate over the next 5 years. People tried to say the NBA would take over and that was always ridiculous. Fantasy football + gambling were always going to create a massive gap.

The future Netflix deals alone are going to skyrocket the revenue for the NFL.

It’s going to take awhile, but they’re continuing to try and grow internationally. It’s just difficult due to the infrastructure required, not exposure.