Brandon Brooks out for 2020 - Torn Achilles

Scalamania

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Players aren't even allowed in the building yet and we have our first major injury........How the hell does this happen???????

Whoever traded 10 years of bad luck to the devil for that one Super Bowl, it worked......

It's the Eagles, injuries are as much a staple of a Doug Pederson led team as the Midnight green uniforms they wear.

Blame Doug and then, Thank Doug. 🍺

• 2 weeks later...

So I watched Tra Thomas' breakdown of Matt Pryor last night vs. Seahawks and vs. Giants. And uh, yeah the kid can play. Small sample size but he definitely handled himself well in his auditions. I thought he was equally strong in both the run game and pass game. I think even the biggest Negadelphian fans would agree. At first I thought we were screwed, but I see no reason why Pryor can't be another Seumalo-level guard on the right side. Hell I think he can be better than Isaac. The dude is never on his ***. He just doesn't get moved. His anchor is very impressive as is his driving ability.

18 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

So I watched Tra Thomas' breakdown of Matt Pryor last night vs. Seahawks and vs. Giants. And uh, yeah the kid can play. Small sample size but he definitely handled himself well in his auditions. I thought he was equally strong in both the run game and pass game. I think even the biggest Negadelphian fans would agree. At first I thought we were screwed, but I see no reason why Pryor can't be another Seumalo-level guard on the right side. Hell I think he can be better than Isaac. The dude is never on his ***. He just doesn't get moved. His anchor is very impressive as is his driving ability.

We've been really good at finding and stashing young IOL talent over the last handful of years IMO.

Pryor, Opeta, and Herbig while probably not full time starters are all good depth.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

We've been really good at finding and stashing young IOL talent over the last handful of years IMO.

Pryor, Opeta, and Herbig while probably not full time starters are all good depth.

Yeah and I think Pryor is a guy you can win with starting. He's not gonna be the reason you win (though how many guards are), and he's not gonna be the reason you lose. I think he'll be a steady presence there tbh. Possible long term successor to Brooks in 2-3 years. I like his nasty streak, finishes plays well.

• 3 weeks later...

I know its been a minute, but this injury totally stinks. BB worked so hard to get back from that last injury and got in great shape this offseason. All that combined with the fact we lost one of our 3 best players before the season is even remotely close to starting....