Forum Game: 2020 NFL tecmo simulator tournament. Rack wins!

Malfatron

UPDATED ROUND 1 Matchup summaries for today

16. Hobo (Rams with packers D) over 1.Daboyle (vikings with Chiefs D) 31-17

https://youtu.be/rWTogPMnAdY

Cousins was just terrible, throwing 3 picks. Zimmer deserves to be fired for that gameplan. Jared Goff on fire today.

Like Hobo said, i have my doubts they can keep this up due to their porous line, but 1 win in the books!

15. Orca (Cardinals with Falcons D) over 2. Counselor (Broncos) 17-14

https://youtu.be/prZFcIRKAG0

Cardinals left for dead down 14-0 in the fourth quarter. 

they score, get the onside kick, and score again. Then, Lock air mails a couple deep balls, and its 4th and 6 in their own territory with a tie ball game and time ticking down. Denver idiotically goes for it, but Arizona just as stupidly goes for and gets the INT on a big arm punt. With time almost out, Arizona has to try for a desperation 65 yard fg and KOO NAILS IT

also, watch out for that Kyler Murray sweep. 2 TDs today on that

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Results posted on the OP

tommorrows matchups

14. @MWil23 Dallas Cowboys (with Giants defense)

at

3. @Pickle Rick Tampa Bay Bucs (with Dallas Cowboys defense)

and 

13. @titanrick Tennessee Titans (with Cleveland Browns defense)

at

4. @Forge Baltimore Ravens (with Jacksonville Jaguars defense)

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

thoughts on the next two matchups?

I know you weren't asking me, but here are my thoughts:

Bucs offense could be really, REALLY good. However, this is an arcade game, so I wonder what Tom Brady's throwing range is. Meanwhile, Dak also has ridiculous weapons at his disposal, but is going to be better at moving than Brady with probably better physical ratings across the board. I think I'll give the slight edge to the Dallas in an arcade sim, considering that they have the better-rated OL, better RB, and a QB who's better suited to this type of play. I give the Bucs' WRs the slight edge, but the Cowboys WRs are also likely very good. TEs seem to be a non-factor, and the CPU doesn't really care about intangibles.

As for the defenses, both are intriguing. I absolutely love Joe Judge and believe that he's assembled a strong staff, but it's still a team in transition that had like one good player on defense last year, and he left in free agency. The Dallas defense has some potential to be incredible up front, and DeMarcus Lawrence is almost certainly a cheat code, given the success of the likes of Tyler Lancaster and Derrick Nnadi last night. However, Dallas also has an untrustworthy secondary without much upside. They have great LBs, but it's not like they're an elite defense... Yet. They've been pretty good lately, but there are still some question marks with the loss of Byron Jones and some issues late in games last year, which may be reflected in players' ratings.

Overall, I'll pick @MWil23 to win a very close one over @Pickle Rick, but I expect it to be back and forth.

• Like 2

Ravens might be a cheat code depending on how much the sim favors arm strength versus accuracy. Don't get me wrong, Lamar has improved dramatically, but his cannon and elite athleticism are what will make this offense unstoppable if the sim favors arm talent that much. So I'll tentatively pick @Forge over @titanrick, even though the Titans have better WRs and a better RB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

tommorrows matchups

14. @MWil23 Dallas Cowboys (with Giants defense)

at

3. @Pickle Rick Tampa Bay Bucs (with Dallas Cowboys defense)

and 

13. @titanrick Tennessee Titans (with Cleveland Browns defense)

at

4. @Forge Baltimore Ravens (with Jacksonville Jaguars defense)

Im going with @Pickle Rick and @Forge

• Like 1