Forum Game: 2020 NFL tecmo simulator tournament. Rack wins!

Malfatron

Glad to see Todd Gurley is just as overrated in Tecmo as I thought he would be. Also, let's hear it for the first XP doink!

That Washington-Cleveland game was better than I expected, in the sense that it was actually watchable for stretches.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Blue said:

Glad to see Todd Gurley is just as overrated in Tecmo as I thought he would be. Also, let's hear it for the first XP doink!

That Washington-Cleveland game was better than I expected, in the sense that it was actually watchable for stretches.

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Was more worried about the defense than the offense going into the game but the defense really kept us in it with all those turnovers

I’m excited for one of our inevitable matchups wherein either Dak or Mayfield has a devastating Red Zone INT in crunch time or Blue gives up a 70 yard TD with 20 seconds left to lose.

• Like 2

Monday game summary

10. rackcs - Cleveland Browns (with Arizona defense) over 7. Deadpulse - Washington (with San Francisco defense) 20-14

https://youtu.be/rYub0wpvD9w

Bake struggled mightly, but the Browns rode Chubb to victory. Haskins played horribly and is likely most to blame for the loss.

8. Blue  - Atlanta Falcons ( with Tennessee defense) over skywindO2 San Francisco 49ers (with Detroit Defense) 23-10

https://youtu.be/wD0HwXk1FHc

Some key Jimmy G turnovers paved the way for the Falcons to ride Gurley to victory. The Detroit defense must have had 70 missed tackles in the game

QUARTERFINAL MATCHUPS

16. @HoboRocket -  LA Rams ( with Green Bay Packers defense)

at 

8. @Blue Atlanta Falcons ( with Tennessee defense)

13. @titanrick Tennessee Titans (with Cleveland Browns defense)

at

12. @swoosh New Orleans Saints (with Carolina defense)

15. @The Orca Arizona Cardinals ( with Atlanta Falcons defense)

at

10. @rackcs Cleveland Browns (with Arizona defense)

14. @MWil23 Dallas Cowboys (with Giants defense)

at

11. @bigbadbuff Buffalo Bills (with Seattle Seahawks Defense)

When (not if) Vegas starts taking action on this tourney, I think the favorites are NO and ATL (with a stout Titans D!).  Props to Tecmo for getting Brett Kern's supreme talent translated to the small screen...  that punt went 75 yards in the air!  :D

Correction: 83 yards in the air!

Edited by titanrick
  • Like 1

Talk about splash plays. My goodness. 

Blue, your team is actually a juggernaut. My team makes big plays, but your defense is relentless and your offense is underrated by most people, IMO. The only things that ruined it for you are the fact that Julio doesn't like to catch TDs and the fact that my team just got lucky on that INT-Fumble-TD play. 

I'm glad I picked the teams that I did. Higbee and Everett showed up today after being no-shows in the first matchup. Darnell Savage saved me on that would-be long TD. Dude's a heat-seeking missile. Honestly, this secondary is outstanding. ZaDarius Smith made a nice impact again, but Preston Smith continues to be invisible. 

What game, eh @Malfatron? A fluky game, but still... That was fun.

• Like 1