Should Bill Belichick be banned from football?

$andtrap

25 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

And all 3 scenarios were wildly overblown and not very useful in terms of meaningful advantage. Current players and coaches came out during Spygate and Deflategate and said "Yeah we do that too"

Actually the irony is he’s wrong. If you go by the official NFL narrative Belichick was not involved in deflategate, Brady was and the NFL’s multi million dollar report went out of its way to say Belichick was not involved. And the NFL’s official take on the Bengals (not Brown’s, people already getting their facts wrong) it was a 3rd party film crew that Belichick had no oversight or control over and wasn’t tied to him. 

Spygate is the only confirmed violation directly tied to Belichick and it’s also the only one the Patriots admit wrong doing to gain an advantage in for. 

In fact in the 3 big instances the NFL’s stance is that Belichick was the head of one, Brady was the head of the other, and Kraft was the head of the other. Now you can debate whether that’s true or not, but the NFL’s official stance is Belichick did specifically spearhead Spygate and that’s about it. 

9 hours ago, lancerman said:

Actually the irony is he’s wrong. If you go by the official NFL narrative Belichick was not involved in deflategate, Brady was and the NFL’s multi million dollar report went out of its way to say Belichick was not involved. And the NFL’s official take on the Bengals (not Brown’s, people already getting their facts wrong) it was a 3rd party film crew that Belichick had no oversight or control over and wasn’t tied to him. 

Spygate is the only confirmed violation directly tied to Belichick and it’s also the only one the Patriots admit wrong doing to gain an advantage in for. 

In fact in the 3 big instances the NFL’s stance is that Belichick was the head of one, Brady was the head of the other, and Kraft was the head of the other. Now you can debate whether that’s true or not, but the NFL’s official stance is Belichick did specifically spearhead Spygate and that’s about it. 

And as for deflategate (how *** funny does that sound, by the way? It's like a parody of itself), it's been largely debunked;

21 scientists refute 'deflategate'

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/21-scientists-say-tom-brady-is-right-and-the-nfl-is-wrong_n_5745fb9ce4b0dacf7ad3c55d?ri18n=true&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADtIJmBpCUSt7qmiz_mnjzTsugb31svZQ8Ow-bBnoY8DoONoQXjuKBiePvOuUf6FveVU6f_770HKXJOZ-3_7vlB11olNglWcEu0nnh3-UxCD8QgDToOILH1MOGNEjEUKpIS-KgmmH1-1qqN1M437k3T9GttU1mNkkqRWAQs3nWbH

"the science says he's not guilty"

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/04/tom-brady-deflategate-ideal-gas-law

"If an M.I.T. undergraduate made the kinds of mistakes that Exponent made, “I would force them to repeat the experiment and correct the analysis.” Based on his study of the data, Leonard now says: “I am convinced that no deflation occurred and that the Patriots are innocent. It never happened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/23/sports/football/nfl-ignores-ball-deflation-science-at-new-england-patriots-expense.html

etc etc

But I understand facts and science can be translated to 'fake news' or 'your opinion' for a lot of people, so I'll just dump and run. It IS hilarious though....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

And as for deflategate (how *** funny does that sound, by the way? It's like a parody of itself), it's been largely debunked;

21 scientists refute 'deflategate'

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/21-scientists-say-tom-brady-is-right-and-the-nfl-is-wrong_n_5745fb9ce4b0dacf7ad3c55d?ri18n=true&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADtIJmBpCUSt7qmiz_mnjzTsugb31svZQ8Ow-bBnoY8DoONoQXjuKBiePvOuUf6FveVU6f_770HKXJOZ-3_7vlB11olNglWcEu0nnh3-UxCD8QgDToOILH1MOGNEjEUKpIS-KgmmH1-1qqN1M437k3T9GttU1mNkkqRWAQs3nWbH

"the science says he's not guilty"

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/04/tom-brady-deflategate-ideal-gas-law

"If an M.I.T. undergraduate made the kinds of mistakes that Exponent made, “I would force them to repeat the experiment and correct the analysis.” Based on his study of the data, Leonard now says: “I am convinced that no deflation occurred and that the Patriots are innocent. It never happened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/23/sports/football/nfl-ignores-ball-deflation-science-at-new-england-patriots-expense.html

etc etc

But I understand facts and science can be translated to 'fake news' or 'your opinion' for a lot of people, so I'll just dump and run. It IS hilarious though....

You want to know something? You don’t even need to go that far. As far as I’m concerned, the whole matter of deflategate starts and stops at this point 

1. There were two separate gauges used during that game. 

2. One gauge had the Patriots balls above the legal limit. The other didn’t. 

3. The head official who was described in the report as being “beyond reproach” said he used the gauge that had the Patriots balls in the legal limit 

4. This is the one instance in the entire investigation where the NFL made a judgment call and said that their ref who was “beyond reproach” was wrong and didn’t know what he was talking about. 

At that point the entire case the NFL has is based off a guess. A guess that is unsupported by any concrete evidence or even the testimony of a man directly involved in the situation. You don’t need to go further than that. You have to trust that the NFL guessed correctly based off nothing. That’s before you even get to any science 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I thought I’d be able to breeze through the NFC South, but they actually have Panthers plays in here that I’ve never seen before. Oh, God, I’m gonna be up all night.

• Like 3

I thought I’d be able to breeze through the NFC South, but they actually have Panthers plays in here that I’ve never seen before. Oh, God, I’m gonna be up all night.

The no-fun team that does its homework. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, Riftty said:

Put BB and Pete rose in the gulag. Winner gets HoF. Loser is banned.

Will the expense of flying them to Russia come from the American people, or are BB and PR going to have to ante up?...Better hurry though, I hear the gulags have gotten pretty run down since the fall of communism...

On 6/29/2020 at 1:49 PM, ET80 said:

Belicheck is no different than th Astros, Yankees or Red Sox. Nobody associated with those franchises are banned for life, and they shouldn't be.

Let's not even compare this the Astros... that was flat out appalling. The fact they didn't get their WS Title stripped is laughable. The fact players were offered immunity is laughable. Everyone involved in that situation should've been suspended, at the very least, for a full 162 game season.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let's not even compare this the Astros... that was flat out appalling. The fact they didn't get their WS Title stripped is laughable. The fact players were offered immunity is laughable. Everyone involved in that situation should've been suspended, at the very least, for a full 162 game season.

Don't forget the Yankees and Red Sox. If we're going to go appealing, you've got to check in on everyone. If you're going to punish teams, you've got to be considering anyone who did this, right? Strip all WS wins, strip all awards, let's just get this cheating done with! 

So, Nationals will have to give up their WS. Same with the Sox. Same with the Astros. Same with the Cubs...

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/01/15/yes-more-teams-than-the-astros-and-red-sox-stole-signs-but-that-doesnt-excuse-them/

First, let’s be 100 percent clear about something: the Astros and the Red Sox were not — not by a long shot — the only teams stealing signs. To suggest that they were is to live in fantasyland. Tom Verducci reported the other day that the investigation of the Astros led to at least seven or eight other teams being mentioned. Last night Michael Baumann of The Ringer linked to stories over the past couple of months in which sources said they believed that the Diamondbacks, Indians, Rangers, Cubs, Blue Jays, Nationals and Brewers have engaged in sign-stealing shenanigans as well.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Don't forget the Yankees and Red Sox. If we're going to go appealing, you've got to check in on everyone. If you're going to punish teams, you've got to be considering anyone who did this, right? Strip all WS wins, strip all awards, let's just get this cheating done with! 

So, Nationals will have to give up their WS. Same with the Sox. Same with the Astros. Same with the Cubs...

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/01/15/yes-more-teams-than-the-astros-and-red-sox-stole-signs-but-that-doesnt-excuse-them/

First, let’s be 100 percent clear about something: the Astros and the Red Sox were not — not by a long shot — the only teams stealing signs. To suggest that they were is to live in fantasyland. Tom Verducci reported the other day that the investigation of the Astros led to at least seven or eight other teams being mentioned. Last night Michael Baumann of The Ringer linked to stories over the past couple of months in which sources said they believed that the Diamondbacks, Indians, Rangers, Cubs, Blue Jays, Nationals and Brewers have engaged in sign-stealing shenanigans as well.

Oh i agree with that 100% the Astros were the most publicized, but far from the only team to do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Stealing signs in itself is not deemed outside the rules of baseball....The means of collecting and disseminating them is...

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Oh i agree with that 100% the Astros were the most publicized, but far from the only team to do it.

As long as we can agree to this, I'm good. It bothers me (as an admitted Astros homer) that people are glossing over all of the evidence that implicates nearly everyone else - going as far as supressing evidence of the Yankees sign stealing system by having a court seal documents.

Baseball found their whipping boy.

• Like 1