WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

The problem with the Admirals is that its way to far from our heritage. Very dumb - this is the dumbest thing Snyder has ever done. And that's up there..... fan attendance EVERYTHING is going to plummet. This team has not gained many fans from 2000+, and us old morons are the only ones holding on. Now with a complete 360 on team name? Pfttttt.....

My god.... he had so many options that would have been good. We are an embarrassment. The fact that they didn't listen to ANY of the fanbase YET again is too much and very foretelling that the status quo will continue.

But how would you suggest they do anything to stick with the heritage? Even remotely? How is Red Wolves related to the teams heritage? 

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

The problem with the Admirals is that its way to far from our heritage. Very dumb - this is the dumbest thing Snyder has ever done. And that's up there..... fan attendance EVERYTHING is going to plummet. This team has not gained many fans from 2000+, and us old morons are the only ones holding on. Now with a complete 360 on team name? Pfttttt.....

My god.... he had so many options that would have been good. We are an embarrassment. The fact that they didn't listen to ANY of the fanbase YET again is too much and very foretelling that the status quo will continue.

What heritage? The heritage of the USA? We've had a Navy since the Revolutionary War. Come up with a different reason.

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

Not sure how much I believe, but Admirals was not on the list that was put out, by the team. 

I cannot imagine Dan Snyder being as stupid enough to NOT have a litigation team on retainer. Which makes me believe that they didn't want the Redwolves all along. I mean, the polls were available for the brass to see, and certainly craft potential scenarios as to why the fan favorite was NOT viable. 

Speculation is going to run rampant for the next 26 days. 

I don't think the list the team put out was the "actual" list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

But how would you suggest they do anything to stick with the heritage? Even remotely? How is Red Wolves related to the teams heritage? 

Wolves are symbolic with our former team name. Did you not watch Season 4 of Yellowstone?

23 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Wolves are symbolic with our former team name. Did you not watch Season 4 of Yellowstone?

They didn't want to go down the legal traps toner Wolves or Red Wolves, they made that clear that it would not be either of those.

It is what it is.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What heritage? The heritage of the USA? We've had a Navy since the Revolutionary War. Come up with a different reason.

This isn't really a valid point. By this logic, any team in the NFL would have a Naval heritage. 

Plus, nobody likes three syllable teams. It's either one or two- just rolls off tongue better. Everything about it is dumb.

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Troublez said:

This isn't really a valid point. By this logic, any team in the NFL would have a Naval heritage. 

Plus, nobody likes three syllable teams. It's either one or two- just rolls off tongue better. Everything about it is dumb.

I think this was the point of not everyone being satisfied regardless. I really did not care for Redwolves but was okay with it because so many fans liked it. My favorite, bar none, was Hogs. I absolutely love that name but most don’t see it that way. I’ve really warmed up to Admirals. I think it’s a cool name. I think the unis could be very cool and I think it’s infinitely better than Commanders or WFT. But that’s my opinion of the matter. I would’ve totally accepted Redwolves but it just wasn’t my favorite by any means. 

How many stars were noticed on our jerseys?

Was it 3?

If so, I don't believe it's Admirals, because 5 stars is what it would be.

3 stars would be like Vice Admiral, or something.

I'll go check out what 3 stars would represent, since 5 would be for Admirals. (Unless the video didn't show all 5 stars)

• Like 1

Washington Groundhogs?

Could it be?

Is it a coincidence that our specific team was known to have the "Hogs" representing our Offensive line?

A name mentioned by John Madden himself, during broadcast, originally?  Plus, the fans who wore the masks, as well as the popularized Hogettes?

But why unveil the name on Groundhog Day?

Of any days.

Remember, they said late last yr that the name would be revealed early 2022. Was it preplanned for Feb. 2nd, when the name was decided on?

Or is it just coincidence?

Personally....

I don't believe in coincidences. I think everything happens for a reason.

Anyways, I guess we'll find out soon. I just find this interesting. That's all.  (I apologize if this needs to be in the team name thread)

Btw...I don't think it's Admirals. I think it's misdirection. However, I cannot explain the stars on the Jersey. If was even our Jersey.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Troublez said:

Considering we are Washington DC, the Naval Academy is only 35 miles from Washington, DC. I feel it's different for the team from Washington, D.C.