WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

As bad as the name is, the LAME W logo is the worst possible. Some how they slid under the bar set by nearly ever fan mockup of a logo possible. Just bland and terrible. Looks like a logo for a hotdog shop or something.

And of course, EVERYONE who said "of course they are incompetent enough to allow the logo to be seen in the glass and the name to be on Jason's lap in the video", was 100% correct.

Edited by MacDog
  • Like 3

I don’t really care about the name, the logo and uniforms are important to me.  These uniforms suck and the logo is awful.  What was the point of sticking with Burgundy and Gold if you were going to make the uniforms look like a college Nike Alt jersey?  Seriously I thought the point of sticking with the color scheme was so our uniforms would at least look something like our old ones.  The WFT uniforms did that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t really care about the name, the logo and uniforms are important to me.  

Right? Wizards and Nationals aren't the pinnacle of names. I agree.

These uniforms suck

I'll pivot here for a sec. I actually don't hate the alt blacks. The burgundy ones are decent IMO. The white is trash. The W on the front of the black is stupid. 

and the logo is awful.  

It's the bane of my existence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

You mean Doug Williams leaning over Allen's shoulder and saying passively "we are the Commanders" didn't get you fired up? The hell is wrong with you?

Of course, all the wagons will be circled and any fans not happy will be malcontents who would have never been happy, and they did everything they could to do this right, blah, blah, blah. No self-reflection on what they did wrong. Peak 2020's culture moment where everyone just digs their heals in no matter how wrong they were.

The former players sucking on Dan's.... ummm.... ***, and all of the yes men on his payroll or favor list will be doing hit jobs on us and praising everything about the process and the horrible uniforms and logo.

Most Div 1 football teams have alternate unis and helmets that look 10x better than this.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Everything to be upset about but Trying to be positive about this and for me it’s not what I wanted but it’s better than Admirals!

Better than Admirals, and better than Armada.

Might not have been that bad if they got the logo and unis right and left out all the lying about "for the fans!!!!!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

How do you spend two years and come up with a W as your logo? One that looks like my 4-year old would draw.

There was a hot dog shop in Denver Airport 20 years ago or so that had a logo almost identical to this if I remember correctly. Can't remember the name. But it is what I will think of every time I think of, some lame hot dog fast food shop.

Edited by MacDog