WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

45 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I mean I think it’s commanders but I think that’s a fake picture also, I’ve seen plenty of shirts in plastic wrapping but that wrapping looks fake as all

The commander shirt with NFL tag put out today where the tag would say Nike and have the swoosh it has NIKETEE. I have had enough Nike shirts to know that’s not the brand or how the tags look or say. Also who puts out new gear that’s wrinkled like it’s been sitting in your trunk with work clothes? Honestly it’s been leaked so much I almost actually think it’s something else. If it’s commanders it is what it is. But if it actually is Commanders then Jason Wright on any competenorginzation would be fired because he had one job and couldn’t even do that. After  royally screwing Sean Taylors number retirement and still being penalized for off the field things from previous regimes if they don’t pull a 180 and give these fans the name they wanted I think come week 8 when we’re 3-5 and their still selling the same ole fertilizer they’ve been selling since Snyder this stadium might actually start clearing out. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I mean I think it’s commanders but I think that’s a fake picture also, I’ve seen plenty of shirts in plastic wrapping but that wrapping looks fake as all

Additional merch and the already teased black jersey.

Camo collar is an eye rolling addition 

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

For me, the name just kind of represents what the franchise has become. 

When they were the Redskins, we all had at least some positive association with that name from times past, before Snyder bought them. When I think the word “Redskins,” I immediately get a flash of burgundy and gold, I think about my dad and my grandparents, I think about going to RFK and about what it felt like watching them win in 1991 and about watching old NFL Films clips of the greats of that wonderful era. I think about Joe Gibbs and Darrell Green and Art Monk and the Hogs, the living legends that I watched when I was just a kid, barely old enough to know what it all meant. I just knew I was the Redskins, and they were me. That’s what “the Redskins” means to me, the very concept exists in a different space than this depressing, soul-sucking experience Snyder has created. 

I hated the name “Football Team,” but that was a means to an end. A transition to something new. It always felt temporary, just a place-holder, a footnote, not something that would end up defining my team  

This Commanders thing, though, it’s permanent. There’s no changing it, that’s what they’re going to be. And I hate pretty much everything about what they’ve done. First of all, I hate the name and the obsession with pandering to the military/nationalist sentiment. I hate that it’s unwieldy and there’s no discernible way to shorten it to create a familiar term of endearment. I hate that they took two seasons to get it done. I hate that they are, as always, completely tone-deaf. I hate that they lied to everyone and made it seem like the input of the fans and the players (including former stars) mattered, when it didn’t. I hate that they had a name that much of the fanbase was genuinely excited about, and they chose to ignore it. I hate that they are so small, and think we’re so dumb, that they sent the current stooge to try to gin up some half-hearted excuse for why they couldn’t/wouldn’t go with the public sentiment. I hate that we always HAVE a stooge to begin with. I hate that they can’t do anything right, and stuff always leaks. Often just by their sheer incompetence. And I hate that as always, it’s all just driven by money. Their desire to sell more WFT stuff before the change (big surprise the announcement came right after Christmas), their desire to avoid moderately costly litigation, their desire to have a big celebratory “tailgate party” to immediately start capitalizing on the new name. 

And the thing is, you’re right, Snyder hasn’t changed. He’s the same bag of **** that owned the Redskins and destroyed them from the inside out. But as I said before, at least I had some memory of good times and glory associated with that name. When I hear “Commanders,” all I can think about is how the Redskins are truly dead and what we have left is a shell of a franchise that has finally been fully Snyderized™️

The Redskins name was always going to be gone regardless of what happened with the new name, and I understand that. I was always going to have to transition to a new name that didn’t carry the same deep emotional connection for me. Hearing RedWolves or Hogs or Redtails was never going to immediately transport me back to my grandparents’ basement in Kensington, MD, looking at the pennants on the wall representing the Super Bowls and conference championships. Not the way Redskins did (and does). 

But the way they went about coming up with this new name, it’s not just a neutral thing for me. It has the stink of them all over it, the way they do everything. What I associate with this name when I hear it is my distaste and disgust for the people (person?) in charge of this franchise, and how they do business, and how they treat people. That’s all it means to me. So maybe one day the Commanders will change and they’ll win, and I’ll have great memories and emotional connections with that name too. I hope so. But for now, that name represents nothing but failure, disappointment, and (frankly) my own growing apathy towards the team. They don’t care, so why do I keep caring? That question keeps getting harder to answer. And that’s the thing I think about, the only thing I really think about, when I hear “the Commanders.”

Very very well put, I feel the same. 

My lord, the shilling by the fake reporter from Australia and that one kid Jordan who somehow has like 50K followers on twitter is unbearable. I get the team probably asked them to do it but come on man. Stop with the silly “they couldn’t get Redwolves” crap. Just stop. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MacDog said:

That is the stuff that is supposed to be "fire"?!?!?!?!?!?

Chad Ryan is trying extremely hard to get a gig with the team. Dudes one of the most annoying fans I’ve ever had the chance to deal with back when I was on twitter. Why he even has a blue check mark now I’ll never know? He’s nearly as bad as the Dbag that owns Hogs Haven. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

It’s like the last little bit of what most of us grew up cheering for is gone. This team means (meant for some) a lot to all of us and this just feels like the latest kick to the cherries. Tomorrow’s gonna be a disaster. 

Yep. That’s how I feel. 

• Like 1