WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

26 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I know the announcement is Wed but do we know how, where and what time this mess is taking place?

It's on the NBC Today Show . 7 to 9 a m .. probably tease until 8:50 ish

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If Commanders really is the name, they’re so deeply inept that it actually seems like they might be setting up a big swerve.

Like, no one could be this bad at this stuff. It’s almost unbelievable, to the point that it feels like it must be intentional, to make us all think that it’s Commanders when it’s actually something much better.

Obviously it is Commanders, though, and it’s just yet another reminder that these guys could **** up just about anything. Ask them for a pizza, it’s burned and they put chopped up raw Brussels sprouts on it to “add needed flavor” because they got a great deal on American cheese. Ask them for a touching social media post, they’d honor Betty White with a post reading “Happy 100th (and many more), Blanche!” Ask them to get you a beer, they’d go grab a White Claw. And it turns out it’s not a White Claw, it’s a La Croix. And it’s warm somehow. 

I really wish we as fans we just stop going into the stadium. Go tailgate have your fun grilling on sundays with friends and family and talk about the good old times and let the stadium be 65% empty but only fans inside wearing the opponents jerseys. I know we got empty twards the end of Shanahan. We got empty before Ron. I know this fanbase could actually get behind a sit out. I’m just waiting for us to trade 6 1’s to Seattle for Russ to try to brand this name with excitement. Jason Wright is a idiot and is in clearly over his head. Ron is a fossil. And in 2 seasons Atlanta will have a dynamic team built by Kyle Smith and co and we’re going to still be here hating the name looking for a new coach with Ron’s staff because Snyder won’t learn to hire a respected GM and allow the GM to bring in the guy he wants to build a roster for. 

As I said previously I think all the former greats trying to sell the fanbase to support the billion dollar toilet bowl franchise saying when we win the fans will get behind it 🤣🤣🤣 when has there been a glimmer of logic looking around this organization you could point to under Snyder and say you know what we could win? They should have just called us the Washington Insanity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

But keep in mind, the big celebratory Park ‘n’ Party event is on Friday night, so you’ll want to keep that open on your calendar. 

They should make it like a normal FedEx Field event and give all the tickets to Cowboys fans

There seems to be an air of desperation and pleading with Gibbs, Theismann etc. who almost want to will the fans to accept a crappy name that no one wanted, in a process that was supposed to be about the fans. Which tells me it indeed will be something crappy.

Although I guess some fans wanted Armada and to me that is infinitely worse than Commanders.

4 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

It would be more like the Virginia Jeffersons, and I think the worst part about all of this is that Commanders does not have a shortened name...

Personally, I am not a big fan of shortened names. I guess I do use Caps sometimes, but I never used "Skins" or "Wiz" or "Nats".

I wouldn't shorted Redwolves either.

As much as Cleveland took guff for "Guardians", at least it is phonetically similar to Indians, and rolls off the tongue the same way with same number of syllables and same ending. Going from Redskins to Commanders is completely different. They didn't even try to get that part right to make it easier for fans, apparently. That seems like bare minimum you would do to ease the transition.