WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

I think it’s funny that the media is selling this franchise on the fact we will like the name if we win🤣🤣🤣. That is probably true but we don’t do that here. I think it’s funny their trying to sell the name based of what could happen. We’re Washington fans that’s all we’ve ever been sold is what could happen. But what could happen always 110% of the time under Snyder doesn’t happen. So as a fan base we shouldn’t temper expectations to accept what they did. We should go to congress and express our displeasure with the rich/ NFL getting away with their own rules and being untouchable. I thought about giving in and accepting but the truth is Snyder deserves the same thing he’s given this fanbase. **** sandwich’s💯💯💯

• Like 3

On 1/27/2022 at 12:23 PM, Deadpulse said:

I will be taking applications for anyone whose final straw was this team name

I am not quite sure I would want to get behind the Patriots, where Belicheck was named Executive of the year, yet played with Dan Snyder money getting guys to come to NE. 

On 1/30/2022 at 7:42 AM, ripsean21 said:

I think it’s funny that the media is selling this franchise on the fact we will like the name if we win🤣🤣🤣. That is probably true but we don’t do that here. I think it’s funny their trying to sell the name based of what could happen. We’re Washington fans that’s all we’ve ever been sold is what could happen. But what could happen always 110% of the time under Snyder doesn’t happen. So as a fan base we shouldn’t temper expectations to accept what they did. We should go to congress and express our displeasure with the rich/ NFL getting away with their own rules and being untouchable. I thought about giving in and accepting but the truth is Snyder deserves the same thing he’s given this fanbase. **** sandwich’s💯💯💯

Going to Congress wouldn't do a damn thing. 2 Days to go and the fate of this team and its current fanbase will rest on the decision they made while lying to their fans through the whole process. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:24 PM, MacDog said:

I guess Commanders would fit right in with the generic Capitals and Nationals.

They aren't cool predator names or denote any real personality about the city.

It would be like Nashville calling their team "country music" or U VA calling their team "Founding Fathers". Actually, founding fathers would be a cooler, less generic name than Comms, Caps or Nats.

It would be more like the Virginia Jeffersons, and I think the worst part about all of this is that Commanders does not have a shortened name...

4 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

It would be more like the Virginia Jeffersons, and I think the worst part about all of this is that Commanders does not have a shortened name...

I agree and that seems like a deal breaker to me ! Also, no clear logo- all seem to be generic . 

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

If we can’t pick a favorite out of “Coms,” “Commies,” “Mandies,” and “Ders,” we’re just being overly picky. 

🙄

9 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we can’t pick a favorite out of “Coms,” “Commies,” “Mandies,” and “Ders,” we’re just being overly picky. 

🙄

Not every team has a shortened version of their name though, correct? Maybe they do, but Panthers? Bengals? Chargers? I suppose they're shorter names to start, which helps. 

Chargers I guess are called the Bolts sometimes. Could be come up with a completely different shortened name for the Commanders? COs?

1 hour ago, Daboyle said:

🤔

If Commanders really is the name, they’re so deeply inept that it actually seems like they might be setting up a big swerve. Every way this thing could possibly leak, it’s leaked.

Like, no one could be this bad at this stuff. It’s almost unbelievable, to the point that it feels like it must be intentional, to make us all think that it’s Commanders when it’s actually something much better.

Obviously it is Commanders, though, and it’s just yet another reminder that these guys could **** up just about anything. Ask them for a pizza, it’s burned and they put chopped up raw Brussels sprouts on it to “add needed flavor” because they got a great deal on American cheese. Ask them for a touching social media post, they’d honor Betty White with a post reading “Happy 100th (and many more), Blanche!” Ask them to get you a beer, they’d go grab a White Claw. And it turns out it’s not a White Claw, it’s a La Croix. And it’s warm somehow. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2