WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

17 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The legends keep saying that like it’s a forgone conclusions. Hey Joe & all the ex-Redskins, this isn’t 1991. Fans aren’t just going to get behind a crap name after two decades of Dan Snyder ruining the team & the fanbase. 

• Like 2

Here’s my thought process. These leaks are only coming out because the team wants them too. Idk personally wether this is the best or worse kept secret until this team is actually winning who cares. They can keep selling all the fresh new polished turds they want. Until there’s playoff wins year in and out they could have the coolest best everything. Snyder better learn how to win quick. Because the new stadium can be just as empty as this one is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The legends keep saying that like it’s a forgone conclusions. Hey Joe & all the ex-Redskins, this isn’t 1991. Fans aren’t just going to get behind a crap name after two decades of Dan Snyder ruining the team & the fanbase. 

Honestly? plenty will to be fair. 

I could probably work myself behind Commanders if they hadn't done the phony "listening to the fans" lie.

Now I don't think I can get behind this at all.

It even sounds like desperation in Joe Gibbs' voice. Like he is trying to will the fan base to not justifiably lose all faith in the team.

50 minutes ago, MacDog said:

I could probably work myself behind Commanders if they hadn't done the phony "listening to the fans" lie.

It even sounds like desperation in Joe Gibbs' voice. Like he is trying to will the fan base to not justifiably lose all faith in the team.

I don’t mind Commanders, it’s not the worst name out there but, it’s definitely not near my favorite. In the end, whatever the name will be I’ll adjust to it w/in a year or so. Heck, I & most fans adjusted to the most generic, boring name in sports history the Washington Football Team, it’s hard to imagine that eventually people will coke around and get used to the Commanders, especially if the team starts winning more games.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I have to say, Darren Hayes is good at his job. I miss the days when the local DC news all had great sports casters. 

Glenn Brenner and Frank Herzog come to mind.

I won't be able to get behind them after they lied about listening to the fans. Everyone has to draw their own line on how they expect to be treated, and that crosses my line.

Edited by MacDog

17 minutes ago, MacDog said:

Glenn Brenner and Frank Herzog come to mind.

I won't be able to get behind them after they lied about listening to the fans. Everyone has to draw their own line on how they expect to be treated, and that crosses my line.

They lie all the time, I’m beyond caring.

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They lie all the time, I’m beyond caring.

There are lies, and then there are damn lies.

Telling us they value our input on the new name and want us to feel it is our own, when you already have the name you are going to shove down out throats for $$$$ is more of a "damn lie".

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I will be taking applications for anyone whose final straw was this team name

Haha, what would we be applying for?

ackbar_wide-f0a673c875361830e84eaa3b98f7

Edited by MacDog