WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

52 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, Pelicans is not a good name. But Saints is decent. With the fleur-de-lis imagery tie-in from the logo, I think that’s better than anything we have here in DC. 

Saints and their logo and uniforms are pretty solid imo, especially considering everyone in NO learns to sing "When the Saints come marching in" pretty shortly after saying their first word.

If Dan and Jason were determined to avoid any trademark issues, and pick a name not ever used by any team of note, then you know the name is going to be bottom of the barrel to have never been selected before.

After Bruce left I thought I would never hate someone else in the organization as much as Dan ever again, but I'll be damned if two-face Jason didn't do the trick.

Edited by MacDog

2 hours ago, MacDog said:

Is the forum kind of dead, or am I just a thread killer?

Maybe everyone is just worn out on this and will just stay drunk until 2/2.

You've been here for a week bro. You gotta learn our patterns lol. A lot of us have been around 10+ years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacDog said:

Is the forum kind of dead, or am I just a thread killer?

Maybe everyone is just worn out on this and will just stay drunk until 2/2.

Pretty much what MK said. Lull period between end of season and draft. I encourage you to visit other forums though. I mod the college football one with nap if you enjoy it. Other fun forums for video games, movies, etc. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, Pelicans is not a good name. But Saints is decent. With the fleur-de-lis imagery tie-in from the logo, I think that’s better than anything we have here in DC. 

At least the Pelicans is Louisiana’s state bird. The DC state bird name sucks & Virginia’s is the Cardinal which is taken.

DC - Wood Thrush

I just can’t accept they spent two years, millions of dollars and dragged the fans along to roll out commanders. I mean, this is probably the most poorly ran sports franchise on the planet but even then I refuse to believe they could mess this up so badly. 

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just can’t accept they spent two years, millions of dollars and dragged the fans along to roll out commanders. I mean, this is probably the most poorly ran sports franchise on the planet but even then I refuse to believe they could mess this up so badly. 

They lied to fans for two years about it. Tried to pretend to be "inclusive" and repeatedly didn't listen or care. Its all about money with them.

• Like 1

Has Dan Snyder wasted your prime fan years?

you may be qualified for compensation. Just call the law offices of the FBI; and state your case to a investigation of unlawful conduct in the work place. 🤣🤣🤣 I still think there’s too much commander smoke to be it. But they legit are the worse run team so they may actually be special.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s been a stupid marketing strategy by Snyder & Co from the get go to keep the fans guessing for two years. I would’ve rather had them do it like the Indians/Guardians did it and had them work behind the scenes for a few years and then like after this season had ended say that they’re releasing the new name in February.

All these teasers and crap have just made me hate Snyder even more w/ the polls that don’t mean anything and the misdirection videos etc. it’s just been an awful process.

I wish they had done like the Wizards, run a poll on their website - directed all their social media & paid/earned media to the website for people to vote for the new name and then selected what people wanted.