WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

If it’s Commanders then I’m probably out. If you spend millions of dollars and spend two years figuring out you need to call your team commanders then yeah, you really don’t care. Might be the most bland name possible. @MikeT14tried to tell me it could always be worse than the WFT and I didn’t believe him. I’m most likely going to be wrong on that. Commanders is awful. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If it’s Commanders then I’m probably out. If you spend millions of dollars and spend two years figuring out you need to call your team commanders then yeah, you really don’t care. Might be the most bland name possible. @MikeT14tried to tell me it could always be worse than the WFT and I didn’t believe him. I’m most likely going to be wrong on that. Commanders is awful. 

And I kinda like WFT too lol. Club would be best. 

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'd hope you wouldn't quit rooting for the football from Washington just over a name of the team. All of us root for the team bc we love DC sports and root for DC sports. I would hope you’d feel that way rather than get tired up over the new name. 

That's just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'd hope you wouldn't quit rooting for the football from Washington just over a name of the team. All of us root for the team bc we love DC sports and root for DC sports. I would hope you’d feel that way rather than get tired up over the new name. 

That's just my 2 cents.

It’s honestly the cumulative effect. 30 years of losing, inability to find a QB, failure to build the right way, stupid owner. So with all of that, if they then decide to name it this ridiculous military name crap (no offense to the military or vets) then I’m probably done. You don’t spend millions of dollars, take fans suggestions and then come to some bland *** name like commanders.

Also, Jason Wright coming out and saying the name has more to do with it than just football. They want it to be a brand is insulting. You can’t even field a competent team and you’re worried about the teams name and aren’t worried about the fans who’ve helped this thing become what it is. The way they treated the Sean Taylor deal and Jason Wright just having no idea about the teams history and fans has just started to push me away. 

• Like 1

As far as my top choices, depending on genre?

WASHINGTON.....

Military Name= Generals (my Jr. High football team name.--Pershing Generals)

Animal Name= Redhogs (Perfect transition name from Redskins)

Movie Name= Bravehearts (The name I sent in by email)

Superhero Name= Ironman or Flash (Their colors match ours & it would be pretty cool...not gonna lie)

On 1/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, lavar703 said:

TBH, for me it's actually the best one of the remaining names. 

But that's not saying much.

9 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

It's better than Admirals and Armada and Redtails .. but again- not saying much .

Commanders is the worst of those four by leaps and bounds for me. Funny how we all can look at the exact same names and feel so differently about them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Commanders is the worst of those four by leaps and bounds for me. Funny how we all can look at the exact same names and feel so differently about them. 

Exactly. Of those four I’d go Armada, Commanders, Red Tails then Admirals. Admirals is dead last on almost any list for me