WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

FIhrm-_XMAMdPXv?format=jpg&name=small

This logo was sitting on Jason Wright's lap during an interview or filming of the release. 

I cannot express the magnitude of dissidence I will have for this team and its front office for choosing something so bland, uninspiring, careless, unimaginative, and outright disrespectful to the team, the history, and the fans of this fanbase. 

When a rebrand happens, the goal is to attract new fans to the fanbase while creating pride within the organization that players will want to come here and be a part of something that is trend setting, cool, and inspiring. 

That BS up there is garbage. 

Washington Commanders is clunky and rigid. Has no flow and doesn't easily get said. The word association is terrible. 

I hope to God this is just a sample of a myriad of logos with other names and such which looks to be on his lap, so there is a bit of hope that suggests this might not be the actual choice. Not sure if I can say that Washington brass is smart enough to put that kind of effort into teasing a reveal, but I would be lying if I said I have not seen worse. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

FIhrm-_XMAMdPXv?format=jpg&name=small

This logo was sitting on Jason Wright's lap during an interview or filming of the release. 

I cannot express the magnitude of dissidence I will have for this team and its front office for choosing something so bland, uninspiring, careless, unimaginative, and outright disrespectful to the team, the history, and the fans of this fanbase. 

When a rebrand happens, the goal is to attract new fans to the fanbase while creating pride within the organization that players will want to come here and be a part of something that is trend setting, cool, and inspiring. 

That BS up there is garbage. 

Washington Commanders is clunky and rigid. Has no flow and doesn't easily get said. The word association is terrible. 

I hope to God this is just a sample of a myriad of logos with other names and such which looks to be on his lap, so there is a bit of hope that suggests this might not be the actual choice. Not sure if I can say that Washington brass is smart enough to put that kind of effort into teasing a reveal, but I would be lying if I said I have not seen worse. 

the background of this photo looks like summer time. Im hoping they were just viewing logo and jersey options because it looks like that was a stack of papers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

FI3sU4VWYAE52bC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I love this. But I love this more:

FI7TylhXoAATTyp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I would change the font and change the lines on the helmet.

I like the font. I think the cursive looks so much better than other fonts. For example when Maryland just had Terps written in cursive on their helmets! I think it was their best hotels helmet. I like the stripes too, but I could go either way on it, that's definitely not a deal-breaker.

I love that picture of the hog. It's the best graphic I've seen of an animal for a helmet that anyone has done.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Do it. It's hilarious how some of the names I think are okay people hate, and some of these ones you all like are crap. 

Yeah, us in this forum are a good representation of WFT nation as a whole’s feelings on a new name. We're all over the map and few of us agree on one thing! 😂 

I try not to think about it, but I'm literally scared to death for 2.2.22 and what the new name is going to be.

I just have this feeling they're going to botch it and us guys in our age range are going to be stuck with it for the next 40-50 years of our lives, and our children, nieces and nephews for even longer!

Like I said, I try to block out that feeling but it's definitely there in the back of my mind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

^ and that's a perfect example of something multiple people have mentioned they like and I really don't. At all. 

Same.  Honestly I don't understand the clamor for "Hogs" to be in the name.  I don't associate the current organization with the talented and highly successful team of the 80s-90s at all. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Same.  Honestly I don't understand the clamor for "Hogs" to be in the name.  I don't associate the current organization with the talented and highly successful team of the 80s-90s at all. 

But that’s like saying you don’t associate Joe Gibbs or Sammy Baugh or any part of the teams history. I mean, I get Daniel Snyder has ran this thing into the ground but it doesn’t erase the teams rich history. It just doesn’t and the Hogs were a major part of it. I’d rather it be something like the Hogs that actually means something to the team over Comamnders, Admirals or silly *** Redwolves.

Obviously that’s my opinion and I’m sure plenty others disagree but I can’t look at this organization and just wipe out the past because of the current owner. Those amazing times still happened. Snyder being a piece of crap doesn’t take that away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I can relate, but the other names chosen are some of the least creative and associative names and logos this team has ever seen. 

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Hogs was a fun name for a dominant offensive line. I don't want it to be the focal point of my football team's identity. 

• Like 2