WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Getting rid of Dan Snyder is pretty important to me. 

I don't want Congress making those decisions. If there were laws broken etc. assign a prosecutor, but I don't need AOC or Jim Jordan deciding who should own teams.

They could hold 24/7 round tables for the next 100 years about all of the sexual misconduct that has occurred in Congress and at federal agencies.

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's not even the worst name for the DC teams. 

True that. we really have some generic names, and the oddball (Wizards).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Is it Washington Commanders or DC Commanders?  Cause I think DC Commanders is easier to say. Also DCC is an easy abbreviation. 

Probably Washington.

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Much as I don’t like Commanders, I agree. Nationals is easily the worst. Maybe in all of sports.

Not even the one I was picking and it proves my point nonetheless. 

I guess Commanders would fit right in with the generic Capitals and Nationals.

They aren't cool predator names or denote any real personality about the city.

It would be like Nashville calling their team "country music" or U VA calling their team "Founding Fathers". Actually, founding fathers would be a cooler, less generic name than Comms, Caps or Nats.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Getting rid of Dan Snyder is pretty important to me. 

I hope and pray everyday. Even if the next guy is just special it’s just clear Snyder isn’t figured out there is a better way to build a team but he’s never hired a true GM to hire his coach. We keep bringing in the coach and their buddy system. 

7 hours ago, MacDog said:

I guess Commanders would fit right in with the generic Capitals and Nationals.

They aren't cool predator names or denote any real personality about the city.

It would be like Nashville calling their team "country music" or U VA calling their team "Founding Fathers". Actually, founding fathers would be a cooler, less generic name than Comms, Caps or Nats.

I’m cool with the capitals though, I mean they have been that forever. It’s not like how DC got baseball back honestly not too long ago and decided to be generic with nationals you know? 

capitals already had that DC name and should of been the only team with one like that in Washington. The Nats just hopped on it honestly bc it was a safe generic choice bc of the capitals name fitting the area

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m cool with the capitals though, I mean they have been that forever. It’s not like how DC got baseball back honestly not too long ago and decided to be generic with nationals you know? 

capitals already had that DC name and should of been the only team with one like that in Washington. The Nats just hopped on it honestly bc it was a safe generic choice bc of the capitals name fitting the area

I agree with all of that. 

With Cleveland Guardians and now what we are apparently looking at, I think they hire some woke corporate group to vet names to find something that can never cause any problem with offending some person just looking to be offended.

Apparently appex predators are now out as well. Might offend a vegan.

6349ye.jpg

Two years and millions spent to come up with Commanders. Honestly, at this point I wish he’d just move the team elsewhere and take my chances we’d eventually get an expansion team. You can’t really ruin things anymore than he’s ruined them. Also, can we just fire Jason Wright already? My lord he’s worthless. 

23 hours ago, e16bball said:

Much as I don’t like Commanders, I agree. Nationals is easily the worst. Maybe in all of sports.

But, everyone got used to it & accepted it. And let’s be honest Redskins wasn’t a good name either but people got used to it and it was our name. People will learn to accept Commanders after a year or two.