diamondbull424

2021 NFL Draft Prospects

4 hours ago, Danand said:

Hamilcar Rasheed jr.

Great name.  I assume that means his parents are great fans of Carthage?

Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse- 6’0” 203 lbs

Trevon Moehrig- 6’2” 208 lbs.

No draft tape, only highlights available, but these are two guys PFF listed in the 1st round as safety options for the 2021 NFL mock draft.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Trey Hill, C, #55

I like what I see from Hill. Light feet for a man of his size. His size is useful as it stops space eaters in their tracks while also stuffing pass rushing DTs. The more I look into these center prospects, the more I love what I see.

Josh Myers, C, #71

I see plenty of potential there with Myers. With a little bit of added strength I can see a jump to being an elite IOL at the collegiate level. He’s got great size and would be able to reunite him with Dobbins.

Edited by diamondbull424

Watching the TTU/KSU game and K State’s Deuce Vaughn is intriguing and would be an interesting add if we moved one of Ingram or Gus in the off-season. Then I realized he’s a true freshman 😳

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I said it last draft season prior to him opting out, but DeVonta Smith is a perfect fit for what the Ravens need at WR... well, he’d be “perfect” if he had the same playing style, but weighed 225 lbs and was an imposing blocker, but hey I’ll sacrifice his blocking potential for everything else he would provide.

This makes it two seasons in a row, where he’s been the absolute go-to receiver for his QB. He was the go-to for Tua before he went down with injury and is now the go-to option for Jones as well. He did this while playing on a roster with other WR talents such as Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, and now Jaylen Waddle.

I was hoping he would declare last season and we could acquire him for a 3rd round pick, however, its clear that he’s a likely 1st round pick this season barring something crazy. As a senior and at his rail thin size, I’m sure there’s a solid enough chance that he might fall within our range, similar to Calvin Ridley having done so. Smith reminds me of Chad Johnson. He plays with a ferocity and competitiveness. He’s got a limited frame, but catches everything in sight regardless of if its a contested catch scenario. He attacks the ball at its highest point. His wiry frame also pacts more strength in it than what its appearance would suggest. He’s got great strength pound for pound, but still it would be encouraging to have him bulk up as Hollywood did coming into this season. Hollywood added about 10 lbs to his collegiate weight, if Smith were to do the same it would put him exactly at that same size as Chad Johnson, the WR I think he most compares to.

He’s not a true burner, but his route releases are so advanced (makes sense as he was able to practice with Jerry Jeudy who was the best prospect I’ve ever seen in that regard), he’s got gazelle like quickness and fluidity in and out of his breaks, nice nuance, and his speed is still of mid 4.4 variety, thus allowing him to blow past defenders deep. Playing WR for Alabama also means you’re going to have to block, so even though his frame is less than ideal, he’s not someone that is a liability from a mentality standpoint. He’s got the ability to excel at all three levels of the field. He’s not going to provide much YAC in short passing situations but his quickness, like Hollywood’s allows him to be a threat on any level.

We need another receiver outside of Hollywood with such automatic hands that can be relied upon in big moments. Andrews is a stud, but has 2 or so games a season where he just seems to meltdown and in such games we need a legit difference maker. Smith is perfect as well because like Hollywood, he comes already insanely developed and mature. That means less ceiling, sure, but it means a guy very likely to reach a ridiculously high floor, like Calvin Ridley has been able to do to this point in his NFL career. We won’t have to rely on our coaches who have shown little ability to develop WR talents to this point. Smith can be relied upon against both man and zone coverage, contributing high level skills against each. Ideal fit for our squad.

• Like 1

Speaking of how DeVonta Smith reminds of Calvin Ridley and might be the perfect fit within our offense, I think the Jaylen Waddle injury could be of potential note. Prior to his injury it was thought that he might be a top 10-15 pick. With a high ankle sprain and a fracture, it’s possible that teams shy away from him at the top of the draft and he falls down the board in round one. At 5’10” 185 lbs and with his combination of speed and quickness there’s a lot of electricity to Waddle. Sort of reminds of another version of Hollywood in some respects. Having two Hollywood’s on offense would certainly present defenses with some challenging moments.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
5’9” 185 lbs

Possesses some similarities in playing style to DJ Moore and Steve Smith Sr. Plays the WR position after the catch like a RB with speed and power and great contact balance. Can operate in and out of the slot. Can execute in and out cutting routes.

• Like 1

Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
6’2” 210 lbs

Bateman sort of reminds me a little bit of Brandon Aiyuk from last draft season. Also has a little poor man’s Randy Moss to his game.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Bateman and Moore #2 & #3 respectively-

https://football.razzball.com/2020-devy-top-20-wr-rankings

Have to wonder what will become of Justyn Ross in the process. Could be a 2nd round WR gamble that pays off incredibly well for some team. Considering how our front office tends to avoid injury issues, would probably be surprising that we’d get involved in the fun.