2021 NFL Draft Prospects

So I know this draft just ended and we don’t even know what this current Ravens team will look like... and usually I might spend free time doing other things in the summer, but I might in the future start devoting some time to some looks of the upcoming class of talents.

This upcoming draft season could also be incredibly interesting. This draft’s postseason was largely impacted by CV19 but if there’s a shortened college season or no season at all... that would be HUGE. Players could decide to stay in school the additional season or their 2019 tape might reign supreme. Perhaps we see greater participation than we’ve ever seen before by top talent trying to validate their ability in postseason contests such as the Senior Bowl and East-West Shrine.

But anyways I’ll get this thread started off with a couple names that I wanted to remind myself of for the future.

Micah Parsons, ILB, Penn State

Stud! No offense to Patrick Queen or any LB from this class but I don’t think anyone looks to be on Parson’s level. Looks like he could be a HOF level talent cooking up right now... very early I know, but that’s why I say “talent” and not “player”. He’s got an astounding instincts to athleticism ratio.

Creed “Stone” Humphrey, IOL, Oklahoma

We may or may not have the center position answered for years to come. This season will allow us to know whether we have something special between our cast of IOL competing for the spot or if an upgrade is needed. Creed Humphrey I had higher ranked than Cesar Ruiz coming out this class. Thus he’s someone we can definitely keep our eye on in the first round if our interior options at guard or center don’t work out as well as we had hoped.

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

As much as I love Parsons as a prospect, something has gone seriously wrong (for us or for him) if we’re in a position to draft him in 2021

True. But hey heading into last year Tyler Biadasz was about as slamdunk as anything. But two offseason injuries never properly healed and then the medical rechecks not being allowed had him fall to the 4th round.

Still I get what you mean, he’s a sure fire top 10 pick right now and we also have both Queen and Harrison along the inside who should develop into beasts in their own right.

But talent is talent. For all we know he could end up as a player on an opposing team within the division and at least we know what type of player they’re getting... sort of like with Pittsburgh and Devin Bush Jr.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danand said:

I want Quincy Roche. Let him gain 10-15 lbs if he can keep up his speed and explosiveness and play with a little more power, then he is a very interesting prospect.

He was already one of the most Raven-ey prospects ever...., and then he went and transferred to Miami.

After taking 0 EDGE players this past draft, he should once again be considered a lock for next year.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

He was already one of the most Raven-ey prospects ever...., and then he went and transferred to Miami.

After taking 0 EDGE players this past draft, he should once again be considered a lock for next year.

With an obvious need, it wouldn't surprise me that we follow those Miami games close. they have that other edge that could be an option as well

Doesn't look like he's nearly as fast or agile as Jackson. Looks like he may be a good prospect, but I will need to see more to say he's Lamar Jackson and not Troy Smith (who had a very impressive highlight reel).

7 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I don't understand why Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, and Quincy Roche returned to school. Smith and Waddle are both turning 22 in November and Roche turned 22 three months ago.

I can understand it. They aren’t necessarily that overaged. 23 in their first NFL season isn’t terrible. It’s the 24/25 year olds that is really out there.

Waddle and Smith likely felt if they had 1000+ yard seasons respectively that it could put them into the 1st round conversation. With Roche coming from Temple I’m sure he submitting his info to the NFL Advisory board and must’ve been told he should wait.

I saw some consider Roche a 3-4 round talent last year. If he can refine his game combined with his elite skill traits he has already, he might go in the 1-2 round. That is something to bet on.

I thought Waddle was much younger, but nevertheless, both him and Smith could see a jump in production, which would elevate them similar from a mid round to 1-2 round selection. I felt Smith was one of the better prospects had he entered the draft, but without elite size, speed, traits, he might have dropped farther than he should.

• 1 month later...

We might just get to it already. I have begun to look at some players I at different points in the draft.

Hamilcar Rasheed jr. - Edge - Oregon State.

If we miss out on the top pass rushers in this draft, we should look towards Hamilcar who has a lot of versatility in the mold of Judon. Can win bot inside and outside and drop into coverage. Has active hands and is from the few clips I have watched really good at slipping by his blockers and getting into the backfield for either sacks or tackles for loss. He do however doesn't seem extremely powerful or fast so he doesn't get the quick sacks by winning one on one matchups.

Reed Blankenship - FS - Middle Tennessee

The draft network had an article about him. Looked him up and saw an intelligent player who sees the field very well and is quick to react. Doesn't seem overly athletic, but has enough COD and speed to play that centerfielder position

Kary Vincent Jr. - DB - LSU

This is a guy I saw already last year. He has some great highlights and is everything I want in a slot cornerback. Quick, fast fast fast, physical as a tackler and first and foremost a playmaker who can make the highlight reel every week. I saw plays from him in the slot, on the outside and sometimes he went down to play safety. He looks a bit thin, but that might just be a slim build. He certainly doesn't shy away from contact. One of my early favorites

Ronnie Bell - WR - Michigan

If we want to find Willie Sneads replacement, this is the guy. Doesn't block well, and he seems too frail to be physical as Snead, but this guy is a target over the middle from the slot and he just doesn't want to go down. Hands seem fine, able to find spot in zone and is quick enough to get separation. Top speed isn't there though.

Cary Angeline - TE - North Carolina State

Long and has nice soft hands. Plucks the ball, obvious red zone target but also is athletic enough to go to the outside and up the seam and win. Long strides that eat up ground quick, and just a big target which is easy to hit even though he is covered.

Xavier thomas - Edge - Clemson

If we miss out on Quincy Roche, this is a guy I want if he comes out. Explosive and fast off the edge. I think we have lacked this type of talent for a long time.