Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Strong move, Buffalo. Burn it down. Takes guts. 

They are going to get spare parts and just do a super sized ROR deal, aren't they?

The Eichel situation will be interesting as it unfolds. Especially the return if he’s traded.

10 million a year. That’s the constant. If he has the neck surgery how will teams view his value? 

I’m not sure you can restore a relationship where the player isn’t able to pursue his preferred medical option. Herniated discs are very painful, rehab is also uncomfortable whereas the surgery allows a return to normalcy sooner. 

If he gets traded they will get a legitimate return although I expect it will be lower than what they can achieve if he’s healthy.

What does everyone think a return for Eichel would be?

7 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

The Eichel situation will be interesting as it unfolds. Especially the return if he’s traded.

10 million a year. That’s the constant. If he has the neck surgery how will teams view his value? 

I’m not sure you can restore a relationship where the player isn’t able to pursue his preferred medical option. Herniated discs are very painful, rehab is also uncomfortable whereas the surgery allows a return to normalcy sooner. 

If he gets traded they will get a legitimate return although I expect it will be lower than what they can achieve if he’s healthy.

What does everyone think a return for Eichel would be?

I think Eichel returns somewhere in the ball park of what Duchene got the Avs. I believe Duchene was slightly older when he was traded, so Eichel might get a bit more due to youth.

• Like 1

So report from Friedman this morning is that the Canes have let Hamilton and his agent talk to other teams. Just so he gets to feel out what sort of offers there are out there. Then he can decide if he wants to return to Carolina. 

Pretty interesting strategy from Carolina here. 

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

So report from Friedman this morning is that the Canes have let Hamilton and his agent talk to other teams. Just so he gets to feel out what sort of offers there are out there. Then he can decide if he wants to return to Carolina. 

Pretty interesting strategy from Carolina here. 

Isn't their owner a tightwad though?

So Carolina is supposedly offering in the $6 Million AAV range and Dougie's camp wants $8 Million AAV. As a Devils fans, I'd 100% give up the Isles pick if we can get Dougie to agree to what he wants (8x8). I'd go up to $8.5m-$9m in a heartbeat as well.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Isn't their owner a tightwad though?

Kinda? His vision for his hockey team is essentially the Rays from the MLB on ice. That team has invested into advanced stats like no other. The owner essentially wants no waste in terms of bad contracts and wants to continue to unearth guys who their team improves. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So Carolina is supposedly offering in the $6 Million AAV range and Dougie's camp wants $8 Million AAV. As a Devils fans, I'd 100% give up the Isles pick if we can get Dougie to agree to what he wants (8x8). I'd go up to $8.5m-$9m in a heartbeat as well.

If that's what his market is we better be all over that

• Like 1