Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

6 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Late to the party but can't hate that. He's not my favorite player, but for a 55-60 point winger who's good defensively and put in a shift on the PK, you won't do much better than $5M/yr. Yeah that contract is gonna suck by year 4-5, but hopefully by then we've won a cup or two.

It’s one of the better value contracts that have max term. He’s not my favourite player but at that price I think it’s a good deal. We can’t look past the fact that his team mates love him and losing him creates a void that will need to be filled.

Getting the deal done allows Holland to focus on other areas. Hopefully Larsson gets signed in the next week.

I don’t expect Klefbom will play again so it will be interesting to see how Holland deals with that loss. It would be nice if Broberg can take the next step.

Holland has enough $$$$ to add a couple really good players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I thought he had a massive contract but I just looked. How in the blue hell did they con that man into a $5.5m AAV deal for 13 years? 

Because it was front end loaded with declining salary. In 2010 a 72 million dollar contract was rich. He was the 10th highest paid player in the league.

56 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Apparently Edmonton or Seattle are viable options, according Patrick Johnston. Not Vancouver.

Damn it Holland, stop living in 2010 FFS.

Just spit balling here. 

Vancouver media reporting it’s not the Canucks. He’s from Winnipeg but his interest is Penticton. So I expect his preference would be Calgary or Edmonton.

As for the Oilers……..if Chicago takes a bad contract in return or retains salary it might make sense. A straight up hockey deal would be a bad move. It’s just to much for a player that’s likely third pairing at this stage.