Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I know it's crazy...but they should really contemplate attaching Sergachev to him. I mean, Sergachev is a good piece, but he hasn't really broken out as an elite guy yet either (I get that it's not he easiest to do on that defensive group). He's still young, so the online community absolutely loves him. But I think that they could easily get decent positive value from a TJ / Sergachev  move. 

If they attach Serg, they'd probably land a 1st round pick at this point.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If they attach Serg, they'd probably land a 1st round pick at this point.

I don't think it's unreasonable that they could get a first + a competent meh replacement that is cheap that can eat minutes. I wouldn't give up #4 since we are getting TJ, but the Islanders 1st + a Siegenthaler type + a decent prospect isn't something I would completely rule out at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Dvorak is one guy from the Yotes I really like. Sucks the Oilers won't get him, but he's a 60 point two-way forward signed for 3-4 seasons ready for the taking.

I would make a move on him as well. Garland too. I have no idea what the Coyotes are doing though. I mean, they are adding on salary dumps but not giving guys like Garland contracts? What's the plan? Just melt it down and completely start over? I'd give up #4 for Chychrun in a heartbeat 

I still love hockey but my interest has certainly been waning, not just because of the terrible direction this team has taken since Fletcher took over, but this might be it for me.  Was kinda excited about the draft tonight and now that is gone.  The Flyers are the epitome of an old boys club, some parts change but it's the same ******* dinosaurs at the top that are running this ship.  And on top of that you have Comcast and Dave Scott who don't know **** about hockey overseeing everything.

Just look at our coaching staff, AV brings in his old buds Therrien and Yeo so they can have a spot at the table.  Hell, AV just hired some bs BCHL coach to be an assistant because they are friends. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would make a move on him as well. Garland too. I have no idea what the Coyotes are doing though. I mean, they are adding on salary dumps but not giving guys like Garland contracts? What's the plan? Just melt it down and completely start over? I'd give up #4 for Chychrun in a heartbeat 

I think they realize that apart from Chychrun, their young talent isn't good enough to be a playoff team consistently, but not bad enough to take. Essentially prugatory. So I think they are going full rebuild and trying to get rid of contracts.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, the Flyers have to be making another move because they only have $10m in space and they still have to re-sign Sanheim and Hart along with a back-up goalie.

Voracek supposedly requested a trade. I'm assuming he will be gone at some point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

I think they realize that apart from Chychrun, their young talent isn't good enough to be a playoff team consistently, but not bad enough to take. Essentially prugatory. So I think they are going full rebuild and trying to get rid of contracts.

Really not bad. I'm not sure how they dump OEL, but teams continue to look into it seems like.