Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, Forge said:

That's the only thing I can really think of, right? they are going to have to give a few different pieces or they really are going to have to give up something else from the roster. 

Yep. We can send back depth pieces like Seney/Studenic/Gignac and Jacobs/White/Groleau if they want guys on cheap deals/ELCs but I'm not sending any prospect worth a damn back their way.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. We can send back depth pieces like Seney/Studenic/Gignac and Jacobs/White/Groleau if they want guys on cheap deals/ELCs but I'm not sending any prospect worth a damn back their way.

I know it's crazy...but they should really contemplate attaching Sergachev to him. I mean, Sergachev is a good piece, but he hasn't really broken out as an elite guy yet either (I get that it's not he easiest to do on that defensive group). He's still young, so the online community absolutely loves him. But I think that they could easily get decent positive value from a TJ / Sergachev  move. 

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

A 1st for Risto. FFS it had better involve something else.

Hell, and it's not like Hagg is chopped liver if he's in that deal as well. He's a third pairing NHL dman. 

Risto is also only signed for one year. Like, wth are they doing? I'm with you that I'm intrigued by Risto outside of Buffalo, but jesus. 

This is what the Flyers have done: Ghost + Hagg + 1st Rd pick (#13 oa) + 2nd round pick + 2nd round pick 2023 + 7th round pick for Risto. Seriously. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Hell, and it's not like Hagg is chopped liver if he's in that deal as well. He's a third pairing NHL dman. 

Risto is also only signed for one year. Like, wth are they doing? I'm with you that I'm intrigued by Risto outside of Buffalo, but jesus. 

This is what the Flyers have done: Ghost + Hagg + 1st Rd pick (#13 oa) + 2nd round pick + 2nd round pick 2023 + 7th round pick for Risto. Seriously. 

Lordy. When you put it like that, it's horrendous. I honestly wonder what they needed to add to get Seth Jones. That's a kings ransom for taking a punt on a guy you hope does better. No way he's worth that gamble.