Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Don't get me wrong, Dougie is great and I previously wanted him but the chart isn't exactly eve. It's comparing Werenski's 21-24 years vs Dougie's 25-28 years.

Trust me, I know. It was comparing the AAV's for current production, only. But, I mean, if we want to go back to Dougie's age 23 season, he was still better than Werenski at the same point. It is what it is and they are both great dmen so it's a microscope either way.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Holland is as entertaining as Benning and I love it lol

Your entertainment is my potential misery.

If he makes THAT trade, as spelled out, he should be fired immediately. 

I wouldn’t trade a first for him. I wouldn’t give up Samarukov for him. One and Koskinen I could live with.

Holland just simply doesn’t seem to have focus or consistency. 

The two highest priorities heading into the offseason were goaltending and LARSSON! 

Larsson is gone and Holland seems to have been snoozing when goaltenders were playing musical chairs.

He’s publicly stated the only way he gets a goalie is if he moves a goalie. So he’s publicly made an announcement which simply further handcuffs him.

If he trades Samarukov that’s two of the systems top young D traded in a week.

Either run the year as is or bury Koskinen in the minors. 

Holland seems to have forgotten sometimes the best deal is the one you walk away from.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is that the AAV or total? 

They only have just over $1 Million in space right now and if they got Foegele to take less than $1 Million AAV, that's just ridiculous.

I expect AAV. 

They will have another 4.1 million once Klefbom is placed on LTIR.

49 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I expect AAV. 

They will have another 4.1 million once Klefbom is placed on LTIR.

Did they do away with the rule that you have to be under or right on the cap, at season start, in order to use LTIR? Or is there leeway to use whatever money you have going towards LTIR?

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Did they do away with the rule that you have to be under or right on the cap, at season start, in order to use LTIR? Or is there leeway to use whatever money you have going towards LTIR?

I believe there’s leeway. I’m not entirely sure. Some of the cap publications show Foegeles new contract, 1.5 million LTIR used and 0 cap space.

I believe they don’t have to be compliant until the day after training camp.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:21 PM, beekay414 said:

During the off season, you have a 10% cushion that you can exceed the cap by (but any LTIR contracts are included in that). There is a date where you have to be cap compliant, but that coincides with the date that you can move an LTIR player to LTIR.