Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

Ottawa Senators might be your team. FYI their owner is a cheap bastard, but they have been tanking for a bit and have a pretty nice core. Their GM is a good scout and talent evaluator, they are just about to try to compete for the playoffs and start moving towards contendership.

There's a team, out east, in a similar circumstance except their owner(s) aren't (a) cheap bastard(s). Oh and he may be hurt but they might have the most exciting player in hockey not named McDavid.

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

Ottawa Senators might be your team. FYI their owner is a cheap bastard, but they have been tanking for a bit and have a pretty nice core. Their GM is a good scout and talent evaluator, they are just about to try to compete for the playoffs and start moving towards contendership.

I would hate getting invested in a team/player and have a cheap owner let them go lol. 

Idk why but I think it would be cool cheering for a Canadian team. What about Toronto? I see they haven’t won since the 60s and have had some heartbreak in the playoffs. I’m a Packer fan so I’m already used to that lol . 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

There's a team, out east, in a similar circumstance except their owner(s) aren't (a) cheap bastard(s). Oh and he may be hurt but they might have the most exciting player in hockey not named McDavid.

Makar is healthy and plays for Colorado which is definitely not in the east

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I would hate getting invested in a team/player and have a cheap owner let them go lol. 

Idk why but I think it would be cool cheering for a Canadian team. What about Toronto? I see they haven’t won since the 60s and have had some heartbreak in the playoffs. I’m a Packer fan so I’m already used to that lol . 

Toronto is the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL. Media will overhype them and make them more than they are. Currently they are deserving of the hype, but most of Canada hates them. Scratch that, most hockey fans hate them.

7 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The canadiens are like the Packers.

most championships and they have been the og members of the nhl

Havent won at all in over 20 years though, and overacheived last year and got to the title game but lost.

they have some good young prospects lile cole caufield (from UW madison)

On 10/23/2021 at 8:26 PM, Malfatron said:

The canadiens are like the Packers.

most championships and they have been the og members of the nhl

Havent won at all in over 20 years though, and overacheived last year and got to the title game but lost.

they have some good young prospects lile cole caufield (from UW madison)

More Bears than Packers. Packers have won and been relevant in recent times and more importantly in the modern game. Bears and Canadiens, did most of their damage in the infancy of the game when the league really doesn't resemble at all what it is now.