Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Crap...devils get a shot blocked, odd man rush, and tampa bay buries it. Credit to the Lightning...they have not missed when they have been given the opportunity after a couple of early misses. Devils were really buzzing 

I think we have a shot game 2. I believe in these kids. 

17 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Kadri needs to sit for a good amount of time, what a chicken**** hit. 

Not defending the hit, but don't know how Wingels didn't get a penalty for elbowing Marner in the head :/

Edited by renndawg37

10 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Kadri needs to sit for a good amount of time, what a chicken**** hit. 

That hit was ridiculous. And after the game he tried to make it seem like it was all an accident and that Wingels slipped right as he was going for the hit. Such a cheap shot. Did you see him stick his leg out on Nash, too?

@renndawg37, I agree with you on Wingels. I thought that was the penalty they called at first until I saw the replay. Definitely should have been something called.

10 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Definite bucket list item to go to a game in Nashville.  What an atmosphere

Predators playoff game is the best sporting event I have ever been to. Got to go to a game in 2012 against the Red Wings and it was just incredible. Regular season games are a blast as well and Bridgestone is just a great venue to watch anything in, but especially hockey.

11 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I think we have a shot game 2. I believe in these kids. 

I'm just trying to tell myself that even if we get swept, do not be disappointed, we weren't even supposed to be this far yet. The season is still an easy success for us. But it's a little hard to do that sometimes lol. 

If we are going to have a shot at game 2, a line other than whatever line hall is on at that time (we were double shifting him on second and fourth lines yesterday at one point) needs to create pressure and offense. I also want to see more skill players in this. I want Bratt back in the line up despite his struggles. I want Severson back in the line up rather than Lovejoy (or really, even Moore, who I can't imagine that we are going to re-sign...very meh player). 

And is there any chance whatsoever that Grabner can do anything? He's been really not good for us lol.