Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why does this feel like highway robbery for the Avs?

Because Kaut pretty much is what he is at this point as a forward. 

Merkley has the toolbox and defensemen take longer to develop. If he gets his head straight he could be good. 

I don't think that this trade likely works out for either all that well, but all the upside is to the Avs imo 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because Kaut pretty much is what he is at this point as a forward. 

Merkley has the toolbox and defensemen take longer to develop. If he gets his head straight he could be good. 

I don't think that this trade likely works out for either all that well, but all the upside is to the Avs imo 

Avs know how to get the most out of guys like Merkley so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he pops off there. No reason he can't become their next Sam Girard.

I always like Nieto when he was here last time. Seems like a good trade for the Avs even if Merkley doesn't end up doing anything. It was becoming more and more clear this season that Kaut wasn't going to be a contributor on this team. MacDonald can step in and play when guys get hurt, but I feel like he's easily replaceable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I always like Nieto when he was here last time. Seems like a good trade for the Avs even if Merkley doesn't end up doing anything. It was becoming more and more clear this season that Kaut wasn't going to be a contributor on this team. MacDonald can step in and play when guys get hurt, but I feel like he's easily replaceable. 

Merkley is a whiny little punk. Always has been. Bad attitude. 

But he's got some talent. Hasn't really manifested itself yet (his game is predicated on offense and that hasn't really panned out so far) and it's not unusual for defenders to take longer to develop. I just have no idea how open he is to coaching and criticism. If Colorado can't get him right, his NHL career is probably mostly over, tbh. 

• Like 1