Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Is this IRT Harvard players tending to not sign with teams that draft them?

Yes. Especially the guys who aren't top prospects when drafted. If they are going to Harvard, they may also really want that degree. That puts them very close to free agency. It would just always make me nervous. 

Honestly, I think one of the big reasons Walsh signed was just fitzy's relationship to Walsh's family

Thrun was like 65 on Bob's list his draft year. I think he went more than a full round later. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes. Especially the guys who aren't top prospects when drafted. If they are going to Harvard, they may also really want that degree. That puts them very close to free agency. It would just always make me nervous. 

Honestly, I think one of the big reasons Walsh signed was just fitzy's relationship to Walsh's family

Thrun was like 65 on Bob's list his draft year. I think he went more than a full round later. 

Believe Thrun went in the 4th. 

EDIT - He went 101.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I assume that they just felt more comfortable with him playing minutes during the playoffs. This reeks of a playoff move. 

They needed bottom line help badly and Gauthier's game isn't a fit there. It's a really nice upgrade for them in that regard. Hopefully Ottawa gives Gauthier the opportunities. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

They needed bottom line help badly and Gauthier's game isn't a fit there. It's a really nice upgrade for them in that regard. Hopefully Ottawa gives Gauthier the opportunities. 

I liked Gauthier back in his draft year. I was sad when the Rangers got him and we had to "settle" for Kuokkanen a little while later lol 

• Like 1