Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

59 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That Avs vs Oilers game was fun. Hopefully the Avs get Landeskog back soon and Makar isn’t out long. This team could very well be getting scary again.

I'm concerned about makar. Concussion and then comes back and from what I hear online this may be another one? Yikes

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm concerned about makar. Concussion and then comes back and from what I hear online this may be another one? Yikes

Yeah I read that they aren’t ready to call it a head injury yet, but would update if it was a concussion. I think the last I saw was it was being designated as an upper body injury. It was a weird looking one and to me it looked like he was just in pain because he basically got socked across the face. I was actually a little surprised he didn’t come back.

I’m hoping that it’s not another concussion and they are just being cautious with him. Hopefully they’ll provide an update soon. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't know how he keeps getting jobs lol. He won a cup 20 years ago in a different era.

It's especially weird because his gift is making bad teams mediocre. If you're bad, just be bad. Being mediocre is about the worst thing you can do lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Well, this isn’t good.

I wonder if there's anything that has to do with the altitude. This is the third defenseman on the Avs who has had some pretty serious concussion issues. First it was Timmins before he was moved, then Byram and now Makar. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I wonder if there's anything that has to do with the altitude. This is the third defenseman on the Avs who has had some pretty serious concussion issues. First it was Timmins before he was moved, then Byram and now Makar. 

When I moved out here I had to have brain surgery within 90 days of living here for something that generally impacts newborns, so you may be onto something lol.