SEC joins B1G and Pac-12 for Conference-Only Schedule

JammerHammer21

Don't worry guys, Devin White is making sure we don't have an NFL season either

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/10/devin-white-hosting-a-party-with-2000-people-expected/

In other forums I've been in over the years, we always had a "Didn't Deserve It's Own Thread" thread for stuff like this. Since this thread is talking about seasons being canceled, figured I'd post it in here lol. 

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Don't worry guys, Devin White is making sure we don't have an NFL season either

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/10/devin-white-hosting-a-party-with-2000-people-expected/

In other forums I've been in over the years, we always had a "Didn't Deserve It's Own Thread" thread for stuff like this. Since this thread is talking about seasons being canceled, figured I'd post it in here lol. 

What it comes down to is that Webby wants us to create threads.  If you notice, some of the items that get put into the transfer portal thread or recruiting get moved out if they get a certain number of replies.  That is me doing that so that discussion is easier to find if someone wants to come in and comment on it, but doesn't frequent the forum.  

Also, I believe it was in 2018 that the "Didn't Deserve It's Own Thread" got locked because a controversial topic was locked, and then it went into that thread, so it was locked.  The moderator at the time didn't open up a new one.  

If you guys can commit to making what you consider "thread worthy" topics in their own thread, while also being OK with @MikeT14 and I moving some posts around if things pick up in this "DDIOT" topic, I can create a new one.  

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What it comes down to is that Webby wants us to create threads.  If you notice, some of the items that get put into the transfer portal thread or recruiting get moved out if they get a certain number of replies.  That is me doing that so that discussion is easier to find if someone wants to come in and comment on it, but doesn't frequent the forum.  

Also, I believe it was in 2018 that the "Didn't Deserve It's Own Thread" got locked because a controversial topic was locked, and then it went into that thread, so it was locked.  The moderator at the time didn't open up a new one.  

If you guys can commit to making what you consider "thread worthy" topics in their own thread, while also being OK with @MikeT14 and I moving some posts around if things pick up in this "DDIOT" topic, I can create a new one.  

Yeah I definitely understand that's what he wants. It's all just what one feels is personally thread worthy or not. You guys do a good job of creating threads out of bigger topics (Tua's brother transferring, Williams committing to OU etc). I didn't know there was an attempt at this type of thread prior and it was locked. The idea can be scrapped then. It's worked in the past in other forums which is why I brought it up here. 

The NFL is not budging on moving the NFL draft, which makes sense for them. Doing that screws your product.

If kids hear the season is starting in the spring, why would you wait? Just declare.

Every draft eligible player needs to declare if the season moves to spring.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The NFL is not budging on moving the NFL draft, which makes sense for them. Doing that screws your product.

If kids hear the season is starting in the spring, why would you wait? Just declare.

Every draft eligible player needs to declare if the season moves to spring.

I agree with that. But man, that could fundamentally change the college football on-field product.  Just about no seniors who have draft aspirations, and likely a huge class of third-year players.  There could be some pretty shabby looking teams, while the top recruiting teams are still oozing 5* talent all over the place.  

This would also be the year to stock up on draft picks.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I agree with that. But man, that could fundamentally change the college football on-field product.  Just about no seniors who have draft aspirations, and likely a huge class of third-year players.  There could be some pretty shabby looking teams, while the top recruiting teams are still oozing 5* talent all over the place.  

This would also be the year to stock up on draft picks.  

It’s why once again the NFL is short sighted and stupid.

The draft is a dam that’s about to break. The NFL could have tried to release some of the pressure, but instead chose to use a piece of gum to “fix” the hole.

The ONLY way I see college football happening is if college football players get paid. 

Around 1:35 is why college football won’t happen

Edited by candyman93