GDT - Week 4: Washington Redskins @ Kansas City Chiefs

Ghostnote

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

What’s the deal with Chris Thompson playing so little? Big mistake 

pRine needs to go to practice squad for a year. Come on Mack Brown lol 

I don't know what the deal was with CT playing so little, or better put featured so little.  But Jesus WTF Gruden why not give Brown a few carries?  That to me simply doesn't compute.

In the end way too many injuries and penalties on the D side to overcome and yet Doctson had the winning TD, hell you can't even say he dropped the ball, he had it secured and lost it when he hit the ground.  To comes for little game and practice time.

This is the second game a mobile QB has killed us with his legs btw, we need to figure a way to get these QBs down.

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

soft wide receivers in Pryor short arming and doctson using his arm to break his fall

One thing that's odd is how Pryor doesn't seem to high point the ball. On that TD catch, he literally just kept his hands by his body and waited for the ball to get to him rather than attacking it over Peters' head. Had Peters not mistimed his jump and/or been pushed by Pryor (it was too quick to tell for me) I think Peters would've easily snagged that with no resistance from Pryor.

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

One thing that's odd is how Pryor doesn't seem to high point the ball. On that TD catch, he literally just kept his hands by his body and waited for the ball to get to him rather than attacking it over Peters' head. Had Peters not mistimed his jump and/or been pushed by Pryor (it was too quick to tell for me) I think Peters would've easily snagged that with no resistance from Pryor.

It's not really odd. He's been playing receiver for two years. 

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It's not really odd. He's been playing receiver for two years. 

It's year 3, but you're right. Can't imagine anyone would be emphasizing really important parts of playing the position.

17 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

DLOKCCfUQAAn-Pv.jpg:large\

Hmmmmmmmmm.

The rule is that he must maintain possession through the catch. While he has possession there, when he comes down, he loses the football. That does not continue through the catch. It was reviewed and they got it right. I don't like that because there should have been no doubt if he freakin holds onto the ball. 

22 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It's year 3, but you're right. Can't imagine anyone would be emphasizing really important parts of playing the position.

His first real experience as a receiver came with the browns last season. He's transitioning from one position to another as a 27/now 28-year old. Expecting him to nail down all the aspects of the receiver position is absurd. I've said before I'm not disappointed in his production because it was foolish to rely on someone who's starting from scratch to be your lead wide out. And high pointing the ball is a skill that takes years to hone. Being shocked by his inability to do it yet is silly. 

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

The rule is that he must maintain possession through the catch. While he has possession there, when he comes down, he loses the football. That does not continue through the catch. It was reviewed and they got it right. I don't like that because there should have been no doubt if he freakin holds onto the ball. 

It's an absolutely stupid rule that makes no sense whatsoever but that is the rule. It's not a catch in today's NFL. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Being shocked by his inability to do it yet is silly. 

Never once said I was shocked by it. I find it odd that someone of his size doesn't seem to understand how to extend his hands over someone smaller than him. 

I may be in the minority here, but I thoroughly enjoyed that game last night. Had me on the edge of my seat. Playing Kansas City, the only remaining undefeated team, in Kansas City, we had to bring our A game. I believe thats what they did. The defense smacked the Chiefs in the mouth and said "We came to play." The turning point IMO was the injuries. Sooooo many injuries. Even with all the injuries at the end of the game, we had a chance to win. Doctson did a great job high pointing the ball, but you gotta hold on with two hands to the ground. 

All in all, I think this game was a huge step in the right direction. We have played teams the first 4 weeks with a combined record of 12-4. Tough schedule and we were in every game. 

We need this week of rest. Lots of injuries. I look forward to week 6.

HTTR!

Just now, Jlash said:

Never once said I was shocked by it. I find it odd that someone of his size doesn't seem to understand how to extend his hands over someone smaller than him. 

There's countless tall receivers who've come in the league that simply aren't good at high pointing the ball. I'm pretty sure Brandon Coleman sucks at it and he's like 6'6. Hopefully for Pryor it will come with more experience but Doctson sure as hell can do it. 

I mean, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I'm just seeing a lot of Redskins fans (not saying you)being disappointed with Pryor but you had to expect this to a degree. While I think he should be Doctson's back up, I do think he's done remarkably well for a guy making a difficult position change this late in his career. 

I'm pretty sure Brandon Coleman sucks at it and he's like 6'6.

Pretty sure you're just picking a tall receiver and taking a guess though.

I'm just seeing a lot of Redskins fans (not saying you)being disappointed with Pryor but you had to expect this to a degree.

I'm not even a Redskins fan. I just noticed he doesn't ever seem to extend for the ball, he's content to wait for it. That's all. He's done a better job than most have at making the transition.

Archived