GDT - Week 4: Washington Redskins @ Kansas City Chiefs

Ghostnote

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Pretty sure you're just picking a tall receiver and taking a guess though.

I'm not even a Redskins fan. I just noticed he doesn't ever seem to extend for the ball, he's content to wait for it. That's all. He's done a better job than most have at making the transition.

I know you aren't a Redskins fan. 

Didn't guess at all. Coleman is 6'6 but plays much smaller. Just using an example of the tallest receiver I can think of. High pointing the ball isn't something you can do simply because you're tall. It's a skill plenty of smaller receivers have had. It's a skill the same way route running is a skill. You either have it or you don't. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

The rule is that he must maintain possession through the catch. While he has possession there, when he comes down, he loses the football. That does not continue through the catch. It was reviewed and they got it right. I don't like that because there should have been no doubt if he freakin holds onto the ball. 

No flag for facemask, though?

Great Abe by the young Skins last night. Yes, they lost in the end but they’d but rhey battled and their young guys played well and battled through injuries to stay on the field.

It sucks to lose but to go into arrowhead stadium and go toe to toe with arguably the best team in the nfl was impressive.

Cousins was a leader all night! He showed thoughness and smarts throughout the game.

I wish Doctson had come down with that ball, but even though he didn’t, I’m not goinf to be down on him. He made a heck of a catch last week vs the Raiders be ealier in the game on a diving grab where I ruining Jen first hurt his shoulder. It was a great effort, and showed his potential.

Our future is bright fellas.

oh, and I’ll leave you with this TWill mauling block:

15 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

What’s the deal with Chris Thompson playing so little? Big mistake 

pRine needs to go to practice squad for a year. Come on Mack Brown lol 

Thompson had 26 snaps, the Chiefs did a good job of checking him and taking him out of the game. The whole offense only had 50 plays total. I think they only had 3 offensive plays in the 3rd quarter.

Thompson did need more touches but the entire offense also needed more chances but the defense couldn’t get off the field, mostly because of stupid penalties. I believe we had 5 defensive penalties that  gave them first downs. It’s hard to win that way, in fact it’s amazing we were in the game. It points to how well we played most of the game that we were able to overcome such mistakes and nearly win.

I don’t think Perine is going anywhere. It’s a damn shame he fumbled the pitch, you could see him take his eyes off the ball once it hit his hands and he was looking for a hole to hit. 

I wish one of two things had happened instead of that play:

1. Don’t throw a pitch to Perine or Kelley, they don’t have great hands. They shouldn’t only take handoffs.

2. Gruden should have called that pitch play to Thompson. 

Breeland had 91 snaps, including defense and special teams! :o

On 10/3/2017 at 11:44 AM, lavar703 said:

There's countless tall receivers who've come in the league that simply aren't good at high pointing the ball. I'm pretty sure Brandon Coleman sucks at it and he's like 6'6. Hopefully for Pryor it will come with more experience but Doctson sure as hell can do it. 

I mean, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I'm just seeing a lot of Redskins fans (not saying you)being disappointed with Pryor but you had to expect this to a degree. While I think he should be Doctson's back up, I do think he's done remarkably well for a guy making a difficult position change this late in his career. 

So at some point I have to understand that he is developing with the coaches who want to make him better. He needs to have that drive to want to be better. Right now, I would not pay him th extra incentives in his contract and frankly, he talked about coming in and showing that he deserves a bigger contract. I have not seen that at this moment. I see a guy who is too afraid to go after a ball or make a play on it, doesn't use his height to his advantage, and has marginal hands. 

I expect Doctson to make some mistakes, but that catch in the endzone was a gimme and he just had to land with the ball and for an athletic WR like him, that should be a no brainer. 

That would have put us up by 4 with 47 seconds. The Chiefs needed a TD, not a FG to win the game. 

If Cousins goes to the flat for the 2 yards to get the first, then you wind the clock down a bit and run a play. You have other shots to take. 

Frankly, if he caught the pass, we go up by 4. That leaves 47 seconds to score a TD and TD prevention is better than FG prevention. I would have taken it and 47 seconds is not a lot of time for Alex Smith. Tom Brady, might as well be a full quarter. 

Follow on from this post: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/2661-gdt-week-3-oakland-raiders-at-washington-redskins/?page=62&tab=comments#comment-154631

Chiefs - 8 pages
General - 20 pages
REDSKINS - 66 pages

Oh, and welcome to the top five, folks:

NFL General		18,919
This ain't sports talk	15,249
Philadelphia Eagles	14,379
Green Bay Packers	12,676
Washington Redskins	 8,650
Cleveland Browns	 8,446

The next bridge is going to be difficult, but I think we can cut into that lead.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Follow on from this post: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/2661-gdt-week-3-oakland-raiders-at-washington-redskins/?page=62&tab=comments#comment-154631

Chiefs - 8 pages
General - 20 pages
REDSKINS - 66 pages

Oh, and welcome to the top five, folks:

NFL General		18,919
This ain't sports talk	15,249
Philadelphia Eagles	14,379
Green Bay Packers	12,676
Washington Redskins	 8,650
Cleveland Browns	 8,446

The next bridge is going to be difficult, but I think we can cut into that lead.

Turtle can do it mostly by himself, hehe

Normally after a loss I start looking at mock drafts, hoping time slows down before our next beatdown televised for the whole world to see but man this feels different. I can't wait until we play the 49ers. I'm genuinely excited about this team and think every Sunday they can win. This is an awesome feeling that I've rarely,  if ever,  had watching this team for what feels like forever now. 

Another solid draft and free agency and this team is going to roll. I've always been scared of paying Kirk but I say go for it. Pay the guy and lets move on to building the depth of this squad. Get another nasty DL to go with Allen and Ioannidis. Watching this defense fly all around the field knocking heads off gives me goosebumps. 

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Normally after a loss I start looking at mock drafts, hoping time slows down before our next beatdown televised for the whole world to see but man this feels different. I can't wait until we play the 49ers. I'm genuinely excited about this team and think every Sunday they can win. This is an awesome feeling that I've rarely,  if ever,  had watching this team for what feels like forever now. 

Another solid draft and free agency and this team is going to roll. I've always been scared of paying Kirk but I say go for it. Pay the guy and lets move on to building the depth of this squad. Get another nasty DL to go with Allen and Ioannidis. Watching this defense fly all around the field knocking heads off gives me goosebumps. 

This is what it felt like every year for me during the 80's and early 90's.

Archived