2017-18 NBA Preseason Thread

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

never got it. beyond fit even take the best talent at 17 obviously right? OG, Giles, Frank Jackson were the moves to make at 17 imo. MIL does that sometimes w/ their tendencies & I hate it... rashad vaughn kinda vibes w/ that move. that probably makes no sense. w/e though. made out like bandits last year especially considering that 16' draft was trash. MIL & DEN both made me upset though. ORL too tbh to a lesser extent absolutely squandered some kinda useful assets w/ their picks. was 100% cool w/ isaac pick though.  

Yeah, my top 3 were Frank Jackson, Jordan Bell or John Collins for us. DJ Wilson was someone I had an eye on...with our 2nd rounder. I don't get what they saw in him to take him over those guys. Wilson is incredibly average everywhere, as in, he has no standout tools. Just kinda a guy tbh.

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, my top 3 were Frank Jackson, Jordan Bell or John Collins for us. DJ Wilson was someone I had an eye on...with our 2nd rounder. I don't get what they saw in him to take him over those guys. Wilson is incredibly average everywhere, as in, he has no standout tools. Just kinda a guy tbh.

a lot of mocks had him throughout the 20s, but yeah i never even really thought that much of him. i mean leaf even went a pick later & they do a lot of the same stuff, but leaf's probably even better. at least yall didn't take lydon like DEN. that dude is even worse. but alas.. it'll be fine. yall got the best building block in the league so not much to be distressed about when it comes to rooting for MIL. 

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

a lot of mocks had him throughout the 20s, but yeah i never even really thought that much of him. i mean leaf even went a pick later & they do a lot of the same stuff, but leaf's probably even better. at least yall didn't take lydon like DEN. that dude is even worse. but alas.. it'll be fine. yall got the best building block in the league so not much to be distressed about when it comes to rooting for MIL. 

lol I'm seeing people say stuff like "yeah, it's only his 2nd pre-season game but I'm out on Wilson." High hopes. xD

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see it. He does some nice things but they are "2nd round" nice things, if you feel me?

I'm curious what you guys think of Kyle Kuzma.

He's led the Lakers in scoring for every game this preseason.

Shot 48% from 3 at Summer League on like 50 attempts and this coming after shooting only 29% (32% last year) from the college line threw draft writers/fans for a loop.

It's a smaller sample size for preseason, but he is shooting 47% from behind the arc so far.

That TS%.....

Obviously the shooting will have to come down, but I think he's proving that his shooting is no fluke.

Besides shooting he has shown court vision and passing ability which is always nice to have in a front court player.

My biggest concern is his rebounding/physicality. He only has 3 rebounds his last 2 games combined and doesn't have any offensive rebounds in the first 3 preseason games.

A lot of that is cause he loves to leak out (which he's really good at), but if he is going to play PF than he can't do that as much or we'll get destroyed by good rebounding teams. 

The good thing is he on defense he's been able to stay with smaller guards on the perimeter and offensive skill to play SF.

Some have wondered if that isn't his future position.

Anyways, here are his highlights:

Game 1: Kyle Kuzma Full Highlights 2017.09.30 vs Timberwolves - 19 Pts, 9-12 FGM in PreSeason Debut!

Game 2: Kyle Kuzma Full PS Highlights vs Nuggets (2017.10.02) - 23 Pts, SICK!

Game 3: Kyle Kuzma Full Highlights 2017.10.04 vs Nuggets - 21 Points, 7-9 FGM!

9 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

if i was capable of abandoning a team i root for, i'd 100% be a PHI or DEN fan. probably PHI cause I'm so mad how DEN handled draft night still. 

yeh bro im still so salty. made no sense. praying that lyles is good 

37 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yeh bro im still so salty. made no sense. praying that lyles is good 

he is 100% not good imo. only good at potentially taking minutes from a good player. but things are fine for DEN obviously. just dont give minutes to anyone w/ an L last name. just peeped their roster and josh childress is on the team huh lol. i've jumped ships at this point. assuming they dont release him prior to season. 

4 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

he is 100% not good imo. only good at potentially taking minutes from a good player. but things are fine for DEN obviously. just dont give minutes to anyone w/ an L last name. just peeped their roster and josh childress is on the team huh lol. i've jumped ships at this point. assuming they dont release him prior to season. 

i'm now reading on twitter he is no longer fat and can run good. maybe he finally put it together. there's hope, sorry for being negative, i just woke up and almost died last night so very pessimistic at the moment.  

25 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i'm now reading on twitter he is no longer fat and can run good. maybe he finally put it together. there's hope, sorry for being negative, i just woke up and almost died last night so very pessimistic at the moment.  

the bandwagon is open for you at any time bro. im glad you are alive and not dead 

aaron gordon playing like he wants to be and is the #1 option on this team. he made a big jump. hezonja isn't doing more than he's capable of, so he seems usable now. vogel's playing mostly at the 4. zero exaggeration in saying there's nobody worse with the ball in their hands than Biz lol. not even mad. it's all laughs when he gets the ball down low and fumbles it away 80% of the time or shoots it off the backboard from inches away the other 18% of the time. 

How much play-calling does Mike D'Antoni do? "None. They won't let me. I keep trying. They won't ever listen. Nah, we have sets. I'll call a play after a timeout, draw something up and see if we can get a shot or something like that. But them running down [and calling a play], we don't do it. We have reads. We just want to play with pace. If I'm interjecting myself into the game, it slows the game down. I don't want to do that. It'd be the worst thing I can do. … For the most part, I don't want them to think. I don't want to call plays. I just want them to play basketball."

14 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

aaron gordon playing like he wants to be and is the #1 option on this team. he made a big jump. hezonja isn't doing more than he's capable of, so he seems usable now. vogel's playing mostly at the 4. zero exaggeration in saying there's nobody worse with the ball in their hands than Biz lol. not even mad. it's all laughs when he gets the ball down low and fumbles it away 80% of the time or shoots it off the backboard from inches away the other 18% of the time. 

i want Gordon to make that leap so bad.

Plumlee has actually looked so good in the preseason (i cant believe it) so I actually have a lot of hope that he will be super valuable. And Harris, Juancho, and Murray have been shooting so well - those guys are absolutely lights out

Friday, October 6

MATCHUP   TIME  (ET) NAT TV      
bos.png&h=50
Boston
7:00 PM NBATV        
atl.png&h=50
Atlanta
7:00 PM          
ny.png&h=50
New York
7:00 PM          
ind.png&h=50
Indiana
7:30 PM          
mil.png&h=50
Milwaukee
8:00 PM          
no.png&h=50
New Orleans
8:00 PM          
sac.png&h=50
Sacramento
8:30 PM          
phx.png&h=50
Phoenix
9:00 PM

4 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Kuzma could probably turn in to the best rookie for the Lakers and maybe even beyond. 

I'm leery about jumping on him too soon, but he's been really good so far.  I wish he was better in the rebounding area.

Archived