Does Jerry's record fall?

Mox

I'd go no for both of those. Fitz will retire before it, and with MT he started late as you say and I don't know whether it will affect it, but he won't have Brees for much longer. Probably it doesn't, because he still put up those catches with Teddy, but worth noting he won't have either of those soon.

I think Jerry's record is safe for at least 10 more years, personally

Guess I feel like Fitz will not want to break Jerry's record.  Very respectful guy.  And..Jerry's competitive.  Let's see him suit up if the record is broker to have a 60 catch season at age 60.  :)

I think MT has a chance, as stated, but I'd like to see his numbers once Brees retires.  I feel like a lot of his production comes from a QB that can throw into a very tight window consistently.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:11 PM, Shanedorf said:

Its Larry or nobody... and I don't think Larry gets it done in AZ or elsewhere
He turns 37 next month, playing 3 more seasons would be quite the stretch. He doesn't need the money and the cards are 2-3 years away from being a title contender in a very tough division. He also knows that surpassing Rice in completions only, won't make him the goat.

So what's his motivation to hang on ?

While Fitz will never be considered the GOAT, taking away even that 1 record puts him in the upper echelon of the Top WR's to be mentioned from here on out. Everytime Rice's records are announced which seems to happen dozens of times a year, that Reception record will instantly follow with Fitz.

You also suggested the Cards might be 2-3 years away with the bolded. If that's indeed the case why would he retire in year 3, instead of hanging around in Hope's of a Ring? 

Its Fitz or nobody IMO. With the Money being made with these current players ,I  dont see any WRs  playing into their 40's or even close to.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Michael Thomas seems like the best bet if Larry Fitzgerald doesn't play a few more seasons. Obviously Michael Thomas has a long ways to go, but his style of play seems like it would lead to success over the long haul with him being such a technician with elite hands rather than relying on athleticism to be dominant.

Nuk is worth a mention. DeAndre Hopkins is only 9 months older than Michael Thomas and has nearly 650 career receptions at this point. Still, he'd need to continue at his career average for 9 more years to reach Rice's receiving record, which would place him at age 37. Can he do it? Possibly. But there's not really any point in projecting with anyone until they get halfway there.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:43 PM, scar988 said:

Julio Jones could possibly break his receiving yards record with 8 more seasons at his normal averages of 1348 yards. But let's be honest here, Jerry's records are very unlikely to fall.

I don't see this one happening.