Official T-Swift Thread

TLO

The verses have some good lines and the bridges are fire, but good god that chorus is hot, flaming garbage.

My hype level for the album dropped one notch, but I haven't really liked her previous lead singles either (namely WANEGBT and Shake it Off) so who knows.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:02 PM, JonStark said:

I mean... that's not really how it seemed to have happened, but however you want to spin it...

i'd say her completely ghosting for a year and a half kinda backs up the fact that she actually got out-media'd by someone 

21 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lol, just like every swift Song, it's catchy. However, this is absolutely a few tiers below her standard work. But damn, how petty can some of these celebrities get? 

I'm actually bummed because 1989 and Red are classics IMO. I was really looking forward to her reply to the Kanye stuff and it was so corny and had pretty much had no good lines. But Shake it Off was pretty trash and the album still ended up being great and so the same might happen here...even tho Shake it Off was better than this song 

I'd honestly like Taylor Swift's music if it wasn't her singing it and it had different lyrics.  Can't deny her music is catchy, but when you actually know the lyrics mixed with her voice, I don't know how guys can listen to it like some of you do.  If the music (not the vocals) sounded a little bit more like these two covers, it'd probably be some of my favorite stuff.

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd honestly like Taylor Swift's music if it wasn't her singing it and it had different lyrics. 

Can't deny her music is catchy, but when you actually know the lyrics mixed with her voice, I don't know how guys can listen to it like some of you do.

1. ...wut?
2. Between the bolded and the two covers you posted, I think you stumbled into the definition of "opinion"

Just now, eagles26 said:

1. ...wut?
2. Between the bolded and the two covers you posted, I think you stumbled into the definition of "opinion"

I don't like the music I posted.  Wanted to make that clear but I didn't.  I hate both those bands.  It was the closest example I could give since those were the only I guess alternative takes to Swift's music I could find.  I guess I'm just saying that if the Foo Fighters (since they're the closest mainstream music to what I like) were to use the same beats and do it their way and change the lyrics with the songs sounding essentially the same, I'd like it.

I just can't listen to songs predominantly geared towards women, and teenage women at that.  I guess my biggest hangup is the lyrics after all. 

I know it's opinion, I just don't get how guys enjoy that kind of music.  Same way the majority of teenage girls aren't listening to Metallica and such. 

Not trying to judge because God knows I like some weirder stuff, I'm just saying I don't understand.  It's not even a macho type thing either, it's just I sing or sing in my head to everything I listen to and I can't imagine singing the lyrics that she sings with a straight face the way I do for other music. 

On 8/29/2017 at 9:21 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't like the music I posted.  Wanted to make that clear but I didn't.  I hate both those bands.  It was the closest example I could give since those were the only I guess alternative takes to Swift's music I could find.  I guess I'm just saying that if the Foo Fighters (since they're the closest mainstream music to what I like) were to use the same beats and do it their way and change the lyrics with the songs sounding essentially the same, I'd like it.

I suggest you listen to Ryan Adams' take on 1989. The lyrics are the same (as far as I know), but it's a much less poppy take on her most recent album and it really helps the songwriting shine.

On 8/29/2017 at 9:21 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I just can't listen to songs predominantly geared towards women, and teenage women at that.  I guess my biggest hangup is the lyrics after all. 

This is where I mostly disagree. She has a lot of songs that don't mention a gender at all (something I would highly doubt is unintentional; her songwriting as a pop artist is underrated as heck), and focus less on the content of her huge singles that you're probably most familiar with and more on universal feelings (Enchanted and All Too Well come to mind off the top of my head). Again, her massive hits are what people form their opinions from, so I don't necessarily blame you for that.

Even with songs song by her (and other female singers) where they talk about guys or say a lot of "he" or "him", it's not too tough for me to switch the pronouns if I feel like I can relate. And that's what it all comes down to most of the time (for me, at least; I don't want to speak for all the other actual Taylor Swift fans on here): I can relate to her writing. Or it's just an absolute bop that I can't get out of my head.

But, like you said, it's all about opinion. I appreciate you acknowledging that fact and not just rushing to judgement.

Archived