Postponement of College season on the horizon

dcat

https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/08/postponement-fall-college-football-season-mac-big-ten

The Machinery Is in Motion to Postpone the 2020 College Football Season
ROSS DELLENGER AND PAT FORDE13 MINUTES AGO
After an arduous summer of trying to push the 2020 college football season through a pandemic and toward kickoff, conference leaders abruptly hit the brakes on a chaotic Saturday that felt like the beginning of the end.

Our football (soccer) season has just been completed and the new season will start in September. Reports here that we will have fans in stadiums by October.
Seems strange that college ball would be cancelled when they’ve had months to prepare the best way to showcase the games etc. 

The NFL/College Football should of been way ahead of the curve just with the timing of the virus. 

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Season will be played

The season probably will start in the NFL, but the question is what kind of season will it be? I am holding off getting the Sunday ticket from Direct TV for another couple of weeks. Just like everything else we are living day to day down here in the Orlando area, so many small business down here have had to shut the doors for good and they tried so hard for four months to keep their business going. The other day I was complaining about losing two star players  on defensive, maybe I should get my priorities in order.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The season probably will start in the NFL, but the question is what kind of season will it be? I am holding off getting the Sunday ticket from Direct TV for another couple of weeks. Just like everything else we are living day to day down here in the Orlando area, so many small business down here have had to shut the doors for good and they tried so hard for four months to keep their business going. The other day I was complaining about losing two star players  on defensive, maybe I should get my priorities in order.

Just cancelled my Disney trip in September to Orlando. Now not going until May. Will be the longest time in my life I think between Disney trips (18 months).

18 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The dominos are starting to fall for no college football.

Naturally, this would happen in a year where the Jets are loaded with picks.

I never thought  about that, but you are right things like this only happen to the Jets. But the bigger question is how did all of us become Jet fans????

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I rather prospects spend time working on their crafts over risking injury honestly. They can get away from coaches trying to win and spend the year working on their fundamentals and bodies over running 9 routes against inferior competition who wont even make the NFL.

I can see that point. But you completely lose out on seeing who takes a leap and who regresses. You are basing a draft pick based on what they did 18 months ago on the field and workouts. Not exactly a great gage on how to use valuable picks and millions of dollars.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I can see that point. But you completely lose out on seeing who takes a leap and who regresses. You are basing a draft pick based on what they did 18 months ago on the field and workouts. Not exactly a great gage on how to use valuable picks and millions of dollars.

Which may be why Seattle didn't care about giving up their upcoming 1st then a future 1st.  Who knows what will happen this year.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Which may be why Seattle didn't care about giving up their upcoming 1st then a future 1st.  Who knows what will happen this year.

Absolutely. As well as that the pick should be late in those rounds. But it could increase the likelihood of us trading picks.

Lets face it, those prospects that were considered early round picks will still be early round picks.  Even if they had an issue playing this year they may have "slipped" to round 2.  Barring a major injury while working out, college players like Chase, Waddle, Smith, Lawrence, Rousseau,  Sewell, Wade, etc. will still be first round picks.  The second round may be a little trickier, but from round 3 to round 7 it is all a crap shoot anyway.

And who knows, maybe this will work to our advantage.  It is not like we have been stellar drafting players anyway (except maybe last year).  I am not concerned at all.