Hard Knocks 2020 Rams/Chargers

Matts4313

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

You 

dTcAHZc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I've lived in Southern California my whole life. I can tell you the Chargers are really low on the totem pole for football in this state.

Forget about the likes of the Raiders, 49ers, Rams..... they are behind the Cowboys, USC, etc.

Hell.... a lot of San Diego ppl ditched them cause of their owner.

On 8/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

His floor is Wentz

lol, I'm a huge duck fan (class of 2015) and I don't even believe this. Herbert is crazy talented, but has a lot to improve on (biggest issue is consistency, which he lacks in a few areas). I do have faith in him because his OC was garbage and his receivers average at best, plus he's not one of those kids that's been working with private coaches for years, so I think he has a lot of room for development now that he's fully committed to football and has quality coaching. I don't think Wentz is a bad comparison for his ceiling (Wentz is very good when healthy), but to say it's his floor is silly IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol

you know I'm right.... big arm doesn't mean jack if you don't have the mental processing 

Guy won at Oregon, had no talent around him, multiple different systems and coordinators, was 50 TDS to 2 ints in the redzone, had great stats.. big arm, big qb, mobile. Remind me where the knock is exactly?

1 hour ago, ScoDucks823 said:

lol, I'm a huge duck fan (class of 2015) and I don't even believe this. Herbert is crazy talented, but has a lot to improve on (biggest issue is consistency, which he lacks in a few areas). I do have faith in him because his OC was garbage and his receivers average at best, plus he's not one of those kids that's been working with private coaches for years, so I think he has a lot of room for development now that he's fully committed to football and has quality coaching. I don't think Wentz is a bad comparison for his ceiling (Wentz is very good when healthy), but to say it's his floor is silly IMO

Herbert in his rookie year will thoroughly outplay Wentz. Wentz isn't Herbert's ceiling 😂😂😂😂

I've lived in Southern California my whole life. I can tell you the Chargers are really low on the totem pole for football in this state.

Forget about the likes of the Raiders, 49ers, Rams..... they are behind the Cowboys, USC, etc.

Hell.... a lot of San Diego ppl ditched them cause of their owner.

I don’t care buddy.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Guy won at Oregon, had no talent around him, multiple different systems and coordinators, was 50 TDS to 2 ints in the redzone, had great stats.. big arm, big qb, mobile. Remind me where the knock is exactly?

Accuracy? Processing? Ability under pressure?

Never said he didn't have requisite or good physical tools to work with.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Herbert in his rookie year will thoroughly outplay Wentz. Wentz isn't Herbert's ceiling

Is Herbert even starting?

Wentz played much less in HS & college than Herbert and yet still managed to play his whole rookie season and had much less to work with weapons wise than what Herbert is coming into and was in the MVP discussion with Brady his 2nd year.

On 11/30/2019 at 3:12 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

I don't want us to draft Herbert.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Herbert has apparently looked very good.

Hope he goes really high. Not sure about #6 though...

On 1/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

Fair enough, but it's worked with Josh Allen. Herbert has all of his physical tools + better mechanics + more accurate + better college player. Not sure about the mental part...

On 1/26/2020 at 12:42 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

Herbert sucks under pressure. He’s good at everything else pretty much. Being good under pressure is a pretty huge part of being a good NFL QB, though.

Is Herbert even starting?

Wentz played much less in HS & college than Herbert and yet still managed to play his whole rookie season and had much less to work with weapons wise than what Herbert is coming into and was in the MVP discussion with Brady his 2nd year.

Has Wentz even played a full season. Wentz had a good stretch that one time... that isn't a lofty goal post. Season starts soon and we'll see. 

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Has Wentz even played a full season. Wentz had a good stretch that one time... that isn't a lofty goal post. Season starts soon and we'll see. 

Yeah.

He played a full season in 2016 and 2019. He's only missed 8 total regular season games... unfortunately they've came later in the year causing him to also miss the playoffs.

I'd say last season was more impressive than 2017 tbh. Just cause everything was going right in 2017 whereas the opposite was true last year.

Anyways, we'll see if Herbert improves under pressure and at extending plays. That's one area the really good QBs in the league excel at.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy