Hard Knocks 2020 Rams/Chargers

Matts4313

Viewing figures in for Hard Knocks and they’re surprisingly low. Only 273k watched episode 1, in comparison to last year’s which drew 705k. These figures aren’t counting streaming - there currently isn’t a streaming figure for 2020, but last year’s streaming figures took the Raiders’ Hard Knocks up to 879k. Additionally, I can’t find figures where the season premiere has been under 500k.

I get that the lack of practice may have put some people off watching, but still a surprise given you’d expect the public to be craving pretty much any kind of sporting output at this time.

51 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Viewing figures in for Hard Knocks and they’re surprisingly low. Only 273k watched episode 1, in comparison to last year’s which drew 705k. These figures aren’t counting streaming - there currently isn’t a streaming figure for 2020, but last year’s streaming figures took the Raiders’ Hard Knocks up to 879k. Additionally, I can’t find figures where the season premiere has been under 500k.

I get that the lack of practice may have put some people off watching, but still a surprise given you’d expect the public to be craving pretty much any kind of sporting output at this time.

I think it's that way for multiple reasons. People don't believe there will be a season. The two team format could be throwing people off. It's an election year and sports tends to dip in ratings during election years. NBA, NHL, and MLB is on every night vs competing with just MLB normally this time of year. Largely, they aren't popular franchises being showcased. Raiders have fans coast to coast based on their success in the 70s and 80s (same for Cowboys and Steelers). I also would like to see the streaming service figures. Alot of people have cut the cord on cable and HBO is purchased through a secondary app now more than ever. Doubt the figures are significant though to beat out last year. 

When I saw the ratings dip, I was the least bit surprised. 

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Might be a controversial opinion, but I don't think it's all that interesting when it's not your team...

You enjoy certain parts (like dude ripping on Donald) but it's not enough to hook, IMO. I imagine if it's your team, it's utterly compelling. 

• Like 1

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

I don’t know about Juve but definitely Man City and about 5 NFL teams. You follow them throughout the season and you get to know them better: 

Spurs have got one coming. That will be hilarious with Jose and the 7-2 drubbing etc :D 

On 8/25/2020 at 7:58 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Might be a controversial opinion, but I don't think it's all that interesting when it's not your team...

You enjoy certain parts (like dude ripping on Donald) but it's not enough to hook, IMO. I imagine if it's your team, it's utterly compelling. 

I don't agree. Even when it wasn't my team, hard knocks has always been must watch for me. Production is top notch and inside perspective is always great.

Loved the keenan allen vs chris harris segment in ep 3. 

13 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I don't agree. Even when it wasn't my team, hard knocks has always been must watch for me. Production is top notch and inside perspective is always great.

Loved the keenan allen vs chris harris segment in ep 3. 

I liked the JJ Watt vs Mathews segment. It was amazing.

I think, for me though, that's the last example I can think of where it's been 'must watch'. 

• 3 weeks later...