Week 4 GDT: No Anthem Version

JAF-N72EX

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, we're pretty happy with him.

Legitimately surprising given how awful the Rams D has been the past 3 weeks, giving up 32 PPG since their solid opening game against the Tolzien Colts.

I imagine the talent is more the issue than Phillips, who is a high quality DC obviously. But I do wonder how much he can get out of that group of players given the early returns against non-Tolzien QBs

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

Legitimately surprising given how awful the Rams D has been the past 3 weeks, giving up 32 PPG since their solid opening game against the Tolzien Colts.

I imagine the talent is more the issue than Phillips, who is a high quality DC obviously. But I do wonder how much he can get out of that group of players given the early returns against non-Tolzien QBs

Reported.. Worry about your own defense..

*jk i know! That first half was like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth for 45 mins.

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

There have been a lot of mental errors (especially by our ILBs). We're hoping it gets better as the year goes. Plus, Donald is just getting back in the swing of things. However, Wade has made amazing adjustments in the Washington and Dallas games to give us a chance to win. We only allowed 7 against Washington after allowing 20 before half and only allowed 6 today after allowing 24 before half. I think that bodes well for us. We'll see, though. At minimum, the players love him.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

*jk i know! That first half was like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth for 45 mins.

You certainly hit the nail on the head here.

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Rams just don't have the personnel for Wade's defense to be great this year. A few really nice pieces for sure. Not enough guys who can consistently win their matchups. Subpar talent will always be exposed in his scheme.

Meh. We'll see. The one position that is problematic is ILB. I think the rest of the defense is fine. Of course, injuries can always become a problem. I'm not expecting great, but it would be nice to see good.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Meh. We'll see. The one position that is problematic is ILB. I think the rest of the defense is fine. Of course, injuries can always become a problem. I'm not expecting great, but it would be nice to see good.

Quinn has been arse cheeks 

Just now, El ramster said:

Quinn has been arse cheeks 

Quinn actually got a bit of pressure at times today. I expect him to pad his stats against weaker OLs like Seattle's. He's gone up against Castonzo, Trent Williams, Tyron Smith, and Joe Staley thus far. But yea, he's been a disappointment. He's too much of a one-trick pony.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Quinn actually got a bit of pressure at times today. I expect him to pad his stats against weaker OLs like Seattle's. He's gone up against Castonzo, Trent Williams, Tyron Smith, and Joe Staley thus far. But yea, he's been a disappointment. He's too much of a one-trick pony.

He needs his hands on the dirt or switch sides with Barwin whose a cement truck out there! 

Dude is stiffer than the Statue of Liberty 

9 minutes ago, El ramster said:

the intro to nbc sunday night football gives me that vibe except you're brushing your teeth with a belt sander and you're brushing your face not your teeth

Archived