Monster Village Mafia - The Village is destroyed, Werewolves win!

rackcs

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think my exact quote in discord was “Oh no! I’m going to feel so bad for Counselor tomorrow!”

We spent hours trying to figure out how to setup the abilities, claims, and who should be left alive since we could win with non town, and then after Nazgul and SwAg both died and flipped Indy, along with ET, we couldn’t setup anyone else since Forge already comped KSJ to himself as aligned and BCB to Josh as aligned.

So, if you think I was behind three to four straight people unexpectedly flipping Indy (we thought SwAg was non town) and KSJ killing the most cleared town in the game, and that falling to you in lylo, then that wasn’t the plan.

@rackcs can affirm our collective groan when it was you and how bad we were about to feel.

That said, you made me look terrible in lylo as scum on two separate occasions when I was town and have mis vigilante killed me multiple times. Unfortunately it’s part of the game and happens. 

I’ve never attacked you in thread over and over after you’ve asked me to stop. Can’t compare that.

Just now, Counselor said:

I’ve never attacked you in thread over and over after you’ve asked me to stop. Can’t compare that.

And how did I ever do that to you? I didn't at all, so you assuming that I encouraged it in scum-chat is woefully inaccurate.

Just now, MWil23 said:

And how did I ever do that to you? I didn't at all, so you assuming that I encouraged it in scum-chat is woefully inaccurate.

Appeared as if you were attempting to dismiss it as part of the game. I don’t think those actions are part of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

How is hammering something on someone when they’ve asked you to please choose a different tactic. Brought up trauma and family issues that being called a liar is a trigger for about deception? 

I actually did feel bad about it in scum chat, but I'll be honest, I'd feel bad about it then go at it again out of frustration because it's kind of a crap position for us to be put in to begin with. It's a preposterous notion that in a game of deception I wouldn't be able to call out the reliability of the words that another player is saying and suggest that you could be lying. That's ludicrous. You can't lie in some games and then get upset when people present a concept that you may be lying in this one. My job is to deceive. 

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Appeared as if you were attempting to dismiss it as part of the game.

From the chatty that you weren't in and yet you called me out as saying that I was probably part of it and could kick rocks? Yeah, I'll let anyone else post any screenshot that they want about how badly I felt for you.

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I don’t think those actions are part of the game. 

I don't know what you're referring to and can only imagine the real life trauma that you have, and in no way am I minimizing that, nor do I want to make it appear as such. That said, as scum, we have to set people up to win and make them appear to being the ones who are actually deceptive and antitown.

You don't do it anymore, but you got me busted in Final Fantasy towards endgame/lylo because I wouldn't swear to God or on my life, which is directly contradictory to my Christian belief system. I don't fault you for that and I'm not mad at you, but I'm also not compromising those beliefs to play a game. If I lose because of it, so be it. That's not your fault, that's my decision.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Counselor said:

And I’m sorry for that. I’ve asked you to stop calling me a liar. Call me a *****. A piece of ****. I don’t care. But please stop calling me a liar. 

I knew you had to try and deceive. I didn’t ask you to stop playing the game. I asked you to stop calling me a liar. There were other ways to go about it. Especially when I asked several times. 

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

From the chatty that you weren't in and yet you called me out as saying that I was probably part of it and could kick rocks? Yeah, I'll let anyone else post any screenshot that they want about how badly I felt for you.

I don't know what you're referring to and can only imagine the real life trauma that you have, and in no way am I minimizing that, nor do I want to make it appear as such. That said, as scum, we have to set people up to win and make them appear to being the ones who are actually deceptive and antitown.

You don't do it anymore, but you got me busted in Final Fantasy towards endgame/lylo because I wouldn't swear to God or on my life, which is directly contradictory to my Christian belief system. I don't fault you for that and I'm not mad at you, but I'm also not compromising those beliefs to play a game. If I lose because of it, so be it. That's not your fault, that's my decision.

It’s all good. The kick rocks was meant as playful. Which is why I was posting Gifs. And Josh and I were on conversing. Making gravy on the taters.

• Like 1

@Counselor know this, there's nothing in this game that I would do or say to willingly trigger you or compromise our friendship, and I sincerely mean that and can say that those thoughts were echoed in discord. Serious question and this will help me out in future games:

Regardless of alignment, is there something that we can say if we think you're being deceptive, scum, or we are scum trying to set you up that doesn't cross the line? I'm being serious here buddy!

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

@Counselor know this, there's nothing in this game that I would do or say to willingly trigger you or compromise our friendship, and I sincerely mean that and can say that those thoughts were echoed in discord. Serious question and this will help me out in future games:

Regardless of alignment, is there something that we can say if we think you're being deceptive, scum, or we are scum trying to set you up that doesn't cross the line? I'm being serious here buddy!

Say you don’t believe me (Forge did this once and it helped me calm down a bit) Say my actions and words do not seem to be truthful. But please don’t call me a liar.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I would like to know this too.  Because I definitely default to just saying that so and so is lying.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Also it will be used as a tactic against me in future games by people who don’t care or think it shouldn’t bother me. Just this game KSJ said he knows how I react to being called a liar so he used it to gauge if I was town or not. That is why retirement is the best option. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I would like to know this too.  Because I definitely default to just saying that so and so is lying.

the wording is that you do not believe that person.   You don't know they are lying at that point in the game (unless you have factual information that could be presented as otherwise....but you also do not know the information that they have, so just because some information conflicts with what you have, does not mean the other player is lying).  You not believing what someone is stating puts the focus on your mindset, not theirs.

• Like 2