Monster Village Mafia - The Village is destroyed, Werewolves win!

rackcs

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

the wording is that you do not believe that person.   You don't know they are lying at that point in the game (unless you have factual information that could be presented as otherwise....but you also do not know the information that they have, so just because some information conflicts with what you have, does not mean the other player is lying).  You not believing what someone is stating puts the focus on your mindset, not theirs.

I don't know about that.  There's a big difference in "I don't believe" someone, and "I think/know/have good reason to believe this person is intentionally telling a falsehood."

I'm probably just gonna stick to whatever, since Counselor is retiring anyway.  If anyone gets triggered, I'll change my language for them, but I don't want to just use soft ambiguous language.  That doesn't work in all scenarios.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't know about that.  There's a big difference in "I don't believe" someone, and "I think/know/have good reason to believe this person is intentionally telling a falsehood."

I'm probably just gonna stick to whatever, since Counselor is retiring anyway.  If anyone gets triggered, I'll change my language for them, but I don't want to just use soft ambiguous language.  That doesn't work in all scenarios.

I have reason to believe that you are being less than forthcoming and/or truthful. @Counselor thoughts?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It’s nice of you to be accommodating 

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

IMO being accommodating is just the baseline of not being an *******.  It requires pretty minimal effort.

Teacher here. Can confirm. That said, the amount of people that can't/refuse to do this is staggering. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

That is just it.  you think/know/have good reason to believe the person is telling a falsehood.....thus you don't believe them.  You don't know that they are lying unless you have all the information that they have and are intentionally telling a falsehood.   since it is very unlikely you will have seen someone else's PM on move results, wincon, etc it still comes down to you not believing them.  

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

We have been down this road before and it ends up requiring multiple days/a week between games.    There is a reason to try to adjust BEFORE someone gets triggered.  Waiting until after does not end well based on recent history

• Like 1

Especially since these proposed solutions are what I say constantly.  I might say “lying” on occasion, but more often I say “I don’t believe you,” or parody what is unbelievable, and I still receive the “I’m telling the truth!” responses from all of you.

Thumbs down on the lot of ya.

• Like 1