Ngakoue traded to Vikings for 2nd & Conditional 5th

TheRealMcCoy

53 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Happy with the compensation?

Not happy with trading him at all but we dug our own grave...

Not happy with the compensation either given what Jalen and Adams went for an Yannick is an elite pass rusher which should mean something given what guys like Frank Clark and Dee Ford went for and then subsequent contract extensions but again we weren't going to get market value. 

Basically hoping he makes the Pro-Bowl but the Vikings miss the playoffs

33 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not happy with trading him at all but we dug our own grave...

Not happy with the compensation either given what Jalen and Adams went for an Yannick is an elite pass rusher which should mean something given what guys like Frank Clark and Dee Ford went for and then subsequent contract extensions but again we weren't going to get market value. 

Basically hoping he makes the Pro-Bowl but the Vikings miss the playoffs

We should be right in the mix of things, but we haven't made the playoffs back to back since 08-09.

Danielle Hunter might miss a few weeks so we will really need Ngakoue to step up for us. Especially Week 1.

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We should be right in the mix of things, but we haven't made the playoffs back to back since 08-09.

Danielle Hunter might miss a few weeks so we will really need Ngakoue to step up for us. Especially Week 1.

The NFC is so deep and your division isnt a cake walk. Plus the Covid factor is an extra wrinkle that good and healthy teams can get snake bit by.

• Like 1

@CourtneyRCronin

Ngakoue's franchise tender is $17.8 million but I'd expect that number to drop somewhere in the 12-13 range with a restructure on the one-year deal for the DE. Minnesota will then have the ability to offer Ngakoue a long-term deal in 2021 since he didn't sign his tender by July 15.

Well now we become Vikings fans this year. For Yan and also for pick(s).

Ultimately happy this is over. Once the deadline passed for an extension I kind of figured we likely weren't getting a 1st. Held out hope (along with seeing reports like Pelissero say we were waiting for a 1st) but this is about what I expected.

Chark, if he has the season we all think, needs to be signed immediately following this season to a long term deal. Get out ahead of guys for a while and change the reputation Coughlin had here.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why was Ngakoue so unhappy in Jacksonville?

Coughlin's attitude. Todd Wash. And feeling like the team was trying to nickle and dime his contract, while simultaneously giving extra money to trash players just because.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Well now we become Vikings fans this year. For Yan and also for pick(s).

Ultimately happy this is over. Once the deadline passed for an extension I kind of figured we likely weren't getting a 1st. Held out hope (along with seeing reports like Pelissero say we were waiting for a 1st) but this is about what I expected.

Chark, if he has the season we all think, needs to be signed immediately following this season to a long term deal. Get out ahead of guys for a while and change the reputation Coughlin had here.

Should we be fans? Would you rather have 2.32 and 3.32 or 2.1 and 4.1? or 2.1 and 5.1? 

They wont finish that bad but I still think we'd rather them miss the playoffs than win the SB

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Should we be fans? Would you rather have 2.32 and 3.32 or 2.1 and 4.1? or 2.1 and 5.1? 

They wont finish that bad but I still think we'd rather them miss the playoffs than win the SB

The Vikings are a playoff team. Come on now.

Of course I'd rather 2.1, than any other alternative. But that team isn't going to be picking high. They're going to be a playoff team, especially in that division and with the addition of Yan.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The Vikings are a playoff team. Come on now.

Of course I'd rather 2.1, than any other alternative. But that team isn't going to be picking high. They're going to be a playoff team, especially in that division and with the addition of Yan.

I'm aware they are but lets not act like the NFC is bad plus in Covid-NFL things can get dicey quick. Didnt we all expect the Rams to make the playoffs after trading for Jalen too?

Alot of NFC teams that missed the playoffs should be better than they were last year

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm aware they are but lets not act like the NFC is bad plus in Covid-NFL things can get dicey quick. Didnt we all expect the Rams to make the playoffs after trading for Jalen too?

Alot of NFC teams that missed the playoffs should be better than they were last year

The Vikings have one of the most talented rosters in the league. I'm not going to be rooting for them to get a huge COVID outbreak and potentially harm players. That's the only way they have any chance of picking in the top 10-15.

So yeah, give me a 2nd that's 5-10 picks later for a  3rd instead of a 5th.