Trade for AD?

cconocool

Really does feel like it's a sad, downward spiral towards the end of his career.

I used to fawn all over him, like most in here i guess, but the switch incident and his reaction to it has really soured my feelings towards him.

Will all be forgiven in the future if/when he gets into Vikings ring of honour and/or HOF?

On 10/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, vike daddy said:

oh god no. doesn't matter about burning bridges, it matters that the talent's not there any more.

Exactly. As long as they believed he could play well, the Vikings were going to hold on to Peterson. It's that simple. When they let him go, I trusted that it was the right decision, and Peterson hasn't shown anything on the field to disprove that.

14 hours ago, the_cote_kid said:

Will all be forgiven in the future if/when he gets into Vikings ring of honour and/or HOF?

For me, personally, there's nothing to be forgiven for, as I view him as a mostly good person, but an ignorant one with faults just like everyone else.   But also I never truly had the attachment to him like I have for some other Vikings' players.  I enjoyed watching him at his best, but I put him in a different category than John Randle, Cris Carter, Randy Moss, et al.  It might be a reflection of my age. 

He will deservedly have his place in the Ring of Honor and HOF and will forever be a Viking, as it should be...faults and all.        

37 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s debatable. 

Failures should ultimately be blamed on poor QB play, bad coaches, and generally a pretty poor defense (coverage was always awful during the Tampa 2 days).

peterson had his moments that contributed to losses but I don't think they were so significant to keep MN out of the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

??? his fumbles vs New Orleans kept us out of the Super Bowl!!

The fact that they even had a chance to win the game in regulation after turning the ball over 5 times is a miracle in itself...he was key certainly, but it wasn't him alone...Favre and Percy had their share of blame.  NO shouldn't even have had a prayer.  

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Failures should ultimately be blamed on poor QB play, bad coaches, and generally a pretty poor defense (coverage was always awful during the Tampa 2 days).

peterson had his moments that contributed to losses but I don't think they were so significant to keep MN out of the playoffs.

I’m not talking about Peterson’s miscues, I’m talking about how the offense had to be orchestrated around him.

Peterson’s predictability and lack of versatility were, ultimately, a hindrance to the team. Sure, he got his stats, but how many wins did he help the team get?

The QB situation was weak, but running a power run scheme where you had a lot of formations with 1 wide receiver and 3 tight ends does nothing to help a young, inexperienced quarterback. 

Call it the “Randy Ratio”. Teams knew Peterson was going to get the ball, and his lack of ability to run out of anything but 8 yards deep made it easy to game plan for the Vikings offense.

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Peterson’s predictability and lack of versatility were, ultimately, a hindrance to the team. Sure, he got his stats, but how many wins did he help the team get?

He pretty much carried the whole offense alone one year the Vikings made the playoffs with Christian Ponder at QB. Peterson was just incredible.

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not talking about Peterson’s miscues, I’m talking about how the offense had to be orchestrated around him.

The QB situation was weak, but running a power run scheme where you had a lot of formations with 1 wide receiver and 3 tight ends does nothing to help a young, inexperienced quarterback. 

Call it the “Randy Ratio”. Teams knew Peterson was going to get the ball, and his lack of ability to run out of anything but 8 yards deep made it easy to game plan for the Vikings offense.

How is that Petersons fault. Shouldn't that be on coaching and the front office?

sure, Peterson never seemed to develop the skill set to be more well rounded, but it's on coaching that determines how the offense is run.

Archived