Raiders trade 2020 3rd round pick Lynn Bowen Jr to Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Forge said:

I had heard on a podcast that he was struggling to pick up the playbook and the like. I don't know if Raiders fans can confirm on that or not .

Call me crazy, I think that this is a good move by the Raiders. 

I mean maybe, can't recall ever hearing his name thoughout camp at all. So take that for what it's worth. 

What a freaking waste of assets. 

Eh...third rounder...probably getting a high 4th back. 

I mean, I feel like coaches and teams hold on to their guy because of the sunk cost associated with them. They don't want to feel like an idiot for having invested what they did, so they hold them an extra year or two or whatever and then just cut him and people don't really think about it, but I'd wager that a number of those guys were talents that the staff knew weren't going to amount to much in their first TC. 

I kind of want to give kudos to Gruden and Mayock if they are basically calling a spade a spade at this juncture and moving on and maxing out the return value this early. They clearly thought they made a mistake and moved to rectify it. I can't fault them for that. It was a bad third round pick...happens with a good chunk of the third round tbh. 

• Like 1