Raiders trade 2020 3rd round pick Lynn Bowen Jr to Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Taking a QB/WR/RB prospect in the 3rd was a risky move to begin with. I guess the writing was someone on the wall when we said he'd be a RB and we continued to bring in Theo Riddick and Devon Booker. 

Urgg. 

angry phoenix suns GIF by Bleacher ReportOne I instead of O away from bringing this guy in

• Like 1

Thought he was overrated as a weapon coming out, was never a true fan. Found his speed overrated, Gibson seemed like the far better player to take a gamble on in the mid rounds because he had exceptional explosive ability on tape.

At least the Raiders quickly realized their mistake and cut their losses without worrying about sunk costs. We’ll see if Boyden Jr can make it happen elsewhere within a better scheme fit. I didn’t hate him, but definitely felt he was overrated by some.

9 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Of all the odd Raider moves i’ve seen over the years, this one might be the king.  Trading a pretty high draft pick before even playing a game is just I dont know

The Raiders once drafted DE Quentin Moses with the first pick of the 3rd round, then cut him on the last day of that preseason. 

So, this time they at least got a pick out of it...

• Like 1

dont understand why so many fans had been giving mayock the benefit of the doubt when he took Ferrell #4 overall who is already starting to make his transition to D-Tackle. this pick (along with the Tanner Muse pick) never looked good. im just surprised they dumped him so soon

• Like 1

Just now, Turnobili said:

dont understand why so many fans had been giving mayock the benefit of the doubt when he took Ferrell #4 overall who is already starting to make his transition to D-Tackle. this pick (along with the Tanner Muse pick) never looked good. im just surprised they dumped him so soon

Hold on- Ferrell is transitioning to DT? Since when?

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Put it all together and it looks like this:

— #Dolphins receive Lynn Bowden Jr and a 6th rounder.

— #Raiders receive Raekwon McMillan and a 5th rounder.

like i said in the raiders forum, its somewhat disingenuous to merge deals. the mcmillan trade probably would have been made regardless of who we drafted at #80

• Like 1

Our beat writer says the Dolphins see his upside at WR and loved him before the draft. They also have another versatile guy in Malcolm Perry who has had a good camp. Our WR core is razor thin after Parker and Preston Williams so this definitely helps to have another guy who can potentially contribute at multiple positions, but definitely as a speedy guy at WR. 

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly I kinda hate this trade for us. If the Raiders wanted to jettison a pick they just made there must be a very good reason.

Worth the risk for the Fins imo. He has athleticism and versatility. He was always going to need a year or two to adjust to one position at the NFL level. Could be a fun player down the road.