Raiders trade 2020 3rd round pick Lynn Bowen Jr to Dolphins

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Lilseb93 said:

Our beat writer says the Dolphins see his upside at WR and loved him before the draft. They also have another versatile guy in Malcolm Perry who has had a good camp. Our WR core is razor thin after Parker and Preston Williams so this definitely helps to have another guy who can potentially contribute at multiple positions, but definitely as a speedy guy at WR. 

WR is definitely the position he should be playing imo. 

dont really know if he has good straight line speed. was primarily running out of the slot when playing receiver in college, didnt run a 40. his tape doesnt scream 4.4 guy either. but he's still a tackle breaker and a natural runner. you are looking at a much less explosive deebo

Edited by Turnobili

36 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly I kinda hate this trade for us. If the Raiders wanted to jettison a pick they just made there must be a very good reason.

Didn't know the Raiders were held in such high regard. Must've missed something. 

Strange deal but yeah I don't mind the gamble, if you can call it that.

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I had heard on a podcast that he was struggling to pick up the playbook and the like. I don't know if Raiders fans can confirm on that or not .

Call me crazy, I think that this is a good move by the Raiders. 

They should simply the playbook then. I mean Frank Gore with a huge learning disability was able to play in multiple offenses. I don't know, maybe this dude was lazy, but I doubt that he would have made it to the NFL if that was the case. He should have at least played in a few games before he was shipped off. But maybe he just didn't look like an NFL player in camp regardless of what he was or wasn't learning. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

47 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raider beat guy:

Just one more observation on Lynn Bowden trade upon doing some poking around: Sometimes it's as simple and bottom line as: He got beat out both at RB and as a returner. That's it. That's what happened.

Sucks to waste a pick but he was worth a shot. Just glad we got something back in return. Not very concerned about it.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic

seems like it was more to do with his character and his ability not making it worth the risk.

Some at the team facility thought the rookie was more concerned with picking up new cars than the playbook, and on the field Bowden looked measured and not explosive. On top of a lack of breakaway speed, he was always getting blasted when it was his turn to pass block. 

There were also some growing concerns that he was getting more and more distracted in Las Vegas and that he might be an influence on other rookies like Henry Ruggs III and Damon Arnette. 

Suddenly, that slide rule that teams use to measure talent versus potential risks tilted toward the conclusion that keeping Bowden was a losing proposition

This is from our lead beat guy at the Athletic. Disappointing that our scouts missed the fact he lacked breakaway speed, can't pass pro and might have character issues...

• Like 1