Raiders place Tanner Muse on IR

bucksavage1

Even if those 3rd rounders were trash (Bowden, Muse) I’m still not ready to call Mayock the next Reggie. We still added a lot of defensive talent in 2 years

Max, Ferrell, Nassib 

Littleton, Kwit, McMillen 

Arnette, Mullen, Amik, Johnson, Nixon 

Abram 

I cant remember the last time we were this fast and with this much defensive potential. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

MM isn’t perfect but he’s still a lot better than clueless Reggie. 

Our starting defense during week 1, 2018

Tank Carradine - PJ Hall - Justin Ellis - Bruce Irvin

Emmanuel Lamur - Derrick Johnson - Tahir Whitehead

Rashaan Melvin - Karl Joseph - Reggie Nelson - Gareon Conley 

Our starting defense week 1, 2020

Maxx Crosby - Jonathan Hankins - Maleik Collins - Clelin Ferrell 

Nicholas Morrow - Nick Kwiatkoski - Cory Littleton 

Trayvon Mullen - Jonathan Abram - Erik Harris - Damon Arnette 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Even if those 3rd rounders were trash (Bowden, Muse) I’m still not ready to call Mayock the next Reggie. We still added a lot of defensive talent in 2 years

Analysts last season said our rookie class was one of the best in recent memory. 

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/11/raiders-best-rookie-class-nfl-schrager/

3 of our top 4 picks in this years draft have reportedly looked good in camp and are starting week 1. Yet people are going to criticize Mayock and say he doesn't know what he's doing because we traded Lynn Bowden and put Muse on IR? 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What draft picks have been wasted? Other than the Bowden pick and the Bell pick? The jury is still out on Muse. 

Bowden and Muse... total wasted picks
AB’s 3rd and 5th

Trevor Davis 6th

Not trading down and drafting Ferrell@4 + Arnette@19

I dont count bell as a wasted pick... at all... 7th rounders like that are fine with me.

Even if he got .50 cents on the dollar in trade downs from 4 + 19 it’d have added up to something major.

So 3 3rds, 5th, 6th and is conservatively say a 2nd for Ferrell and a 3rd+5th for Arnette.

Given that you can always find a trade partner to take a pick this year and give you something extra a year later all that adds up to quite a big loss.

34 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Bowden and Muse... total wasted picks

Not trading down and drafting Ferrell@4 + Arnette@19

How is Muse a total wasted pick when he hasn't even played a snap here yet? And shouldn't we wait to see what we recoup with that 4th round pick before we say Bowden was a wasted pick? 

Again, we haven't even seen Arnette play yet and Ferrell has potential, so how can you call those wasted picks? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How is Muse a total wasted pick when he hasn't even played a snap here yet? And shouldn't we wait to see what we recoup with that 4th round pick before we say Bowden was a wasted pick? 

Again, we haven't even seen Arnette play yet and Ferrell has potential, so how can you call those wasted picks? 

When did I say Ferrell or Arnette were wasted picks? I said we wasted draft capital reaching for them... Mayock even said he could have traded down and still gotten Arnette.

If you can’t stop twisting up points I make I’m honestly not going to engage you in a debate.  You absolutely know what I said and constantly do the same routine of deflecting from the points I make.  

if you want to think Mayock is absolutely amazing then go for it.... but I think the Man’s done a C- job so far.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

if you want to think Mayock is absolutely amazing then go for it.... but I think the Man’s done a C- job so far.

Our rookie class just had one of the best years for a rookie class in the history of the NFL. And we were in playoff contention all the way until week 17 despite being one of the youngest teams in the league. We've gotten younger and more athletic across the board. No one was criticizing Mayock until we traded Bowden.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You can not say the 4th is wasted but a fourth in 2021 is the same, almost, as a 5th in 2020.  So we lost the value difference between a 3rd and a 5th.  Our pick was worth 190 points and Miami's first pick in the 5th was worth 38 points.  So a difference of 152 points which is the 88th pick.  We lost the full value of a late 3rd round pick.  I know it is not perfect but the best way to quantify the loss.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

You can not say the 4th is wasted but a fourth in 2021 is the same, almost, as a 5th in 2020.  So we lost the value difference between a 3rd and a 5th.  Our pick was worth 190 points and Miami's first pick in the 5th was worth 38 points.  So a difference of 152 points which is the 88th pick.  We lost the full value of a late 3rd round pick.  I know it is not perfect but the best way to quantify the loss.

The numbers are all gravy but I want to see who we actually draft with the pick before I am willing to write it off as a waste. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our rookie class just had one of the best years for a rookie class in the history of the NFL. And we were in playoff contention all the way until week 17 despite being one of the youngest teams in the league. We've gotten younger and more athletic across the board. No one was criticizing Mayock until we traded Bowden.

I think Mayock overall has done a good job but it is a mixed bag and there is no way of knowing who made the calls between Gruden and Mayock.  Judging by 2019 draft Cable could have made the decision on some of the picks.

• Like 1

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I think Mayock overall has done a good job but it is a mixed bag and there is no way of knowing who made the calls between Gruden and Mayock.  Judging by 2019 draft Cable could have made the decision on some of the picks.

Cable could've made some of the decisions on some of the picks when we didn't draft a single offensive lineman in the 2019 draft? Makes sense.