Week 5 GDT: The Philadelphia Mash Units (3-1) vs the Arizona Geriatric Assisted Living Communities (2-2)

EaglesPeteC

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Not sure who to praise but the ability to convert 3rd down is a result of keeping the down and distance reasonable. I don't think they faced many 3rd and 8+ and when they did Carson threw TDs or executed @ a high level. 

Actually (maybe slightly more than) half of the 3rd downs were 8 or more yards IIRC.

We've had more 3rd and longs this year than we did last year believe it or not. 

But I'm still in awe of his great we've been in those situations. Wentz especially. 133 QB Rating on 3rd or 4th down. 11 higher than the next best , Tom Brady. 

This 4-1 team is so much different than last year's team. Our coaches are all doing amazing, working through injuries and getting guys ready etc. Our defense is tackling very well. Teams can't run on us at all. We finally have a balanced offense. We're number 1 in point differential. We're converting 3rd downs in the same way we see elite teams(and QBs) do. 

2 hours ago, Phire said:

That Agholor play was 3rd and 19 lol sweet baby Jesus 

The Cardinals has 6 men in the box and Carson saw that, correctly predicted that they'd be blitzing, which then leaves AZ in man coverage. Wentz either changes the play or runs a hot route with Agholor and he gets the ball, Barner does a great job in pass pro, Wentz avoids the blitz and steps up and throws a beautiful bomb to Agholor.  

Call it overreaction or whatever you want, But That's what separates elite QBs from the average ones.  I've never been more sure of him than I am now. Hes the real deal. I'm not taking any quarterback under 28 over him. Not Carr, not Mariota, not even Luck (mostly because of how Indy is ruining him)

But hey guys the Browns still definitely made the right move. They didn't have much talent, so that means that they should pass on any franchise QB prospect. 

xD

Please tell me I'm not alone here. How can these browns fans still seriously think they made the right call? And if you look at the thread and read the guys reasoning....just lol. According to him, the Colts shouldn't have ever taken Luck...or Detroit with Stafford....or Carolina taking Cam...etc.

4 hours ago, BAConrad said:

But hey guys the Browns still definitely made the right move. They didn't have much talent, so that means that they should pass on any franchise QB prospect. 

xD

Please tell me I'm not alone here. How can these browns fans still seriously think they made the right call? And if you look at the thread and read the guys reasoning....just lol. According to him, the Colts shouldn't have ever taken Luck...or Detroit with Stafford....or Carolina taking Cam...etc.

Read an article today comparing the two sides of the trade. Obviously its still really early, but every player  the Browns have received from that trade are pretty underwhelming (sans Peppers). I'll take Wentz over that haul any day of the week

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Read an article today comparing the two sides of the trade. Obviously its still really early, but every player  the Browns have received from that trade are pretty underwhelming (sans Peppers). I'll take Wentz over that haul any day of the week

It's a QB driven league. You can't win without one. I think the debate is worthy, but ultimately if you don't have a QB you can't really win. 

Archived